Scenic Rim in Feb 2011

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saturday
ljacko78
joshman
Al

Sunday
CAM500

Sat or Sunday
Peter ST_R
scubamurph
Gonzo
alphabet
NA R33

Saturday & Sunday [Overnight]
180%Joe

I meant to say that I'll be there saturday morning and camp overnight and do sunday as well :top: Anyone else keen for that?

I can't wait to check out how Joe's nav goes with the Lokka.

Al, it goes great.... This trip should be a heap of fun I haven't been out in a while.....

Just spoke with Cindy from the park:

- no time limit for when the park is open, so no limit on when to turn up. Again, early start for most people will prob work, but work off about 1 hr travel time from Brisbane.

- bring your own drinking water. Park said their supply is still busted from floods

- fees (cash only unless you pay internet) are as follows:
$35 per day per 4wd
$7 camp fee
$45 + $7 if you want to go for 2 days or camp overnight

- signing in. There are some indemnity forms and maps at the entry hut that, if the office is unattended, you'll need to complete and slide in under the office door.

- how to get there:
from Beaudesert, take the Boonah-Beaudesert Rd,
turn left onto Sandy Ck Road
turn left onto Swan Gully Road before you reach the round-a-bout
the area looks like a cattle yard, but you reach a fork in the road, via left under the Scenic rim Banner

Other than that, would still like people to get to fill in the days you'll attend (cheers Joe!) if I have them wrong. I'll repost on Wednesday next week, again, so we don't miss people who want to attend and they end up driving round the site by themselves all day. cheers!!!!!!!

Lj

i'm definitely a saturday person, and will look at hitting the park around 6-7am for a nice and early start.I'll gladly drop my number via pm to those that want to find me when they get there (assuming there's reception out there)

otherwise, what UHF channel shouldwe run on? mine is set at Ch21 right now, hows that work for people?

I may be in for the Saturday only now. Keen also to get there early maybe hang round for lunch and then head off.

For those keen on Saturday only, who is keen to meet up at a servo on Beaudesert Rd & all go together?

Saturday
ljacko78
joshman
Al
CAM500

Sunday

Sat or Sunday
Peter ST_R
scubamurph
Gonzo
alphabet
NA R33
CAM500

Saturday & Sunday [Overnight]
180%Joe

Well ch21 it is. See people at the office at 7:00am Saturday morning. I'm staying that night and leaving Sunday arvo.

I am unable to come guys,sorry I was looking really looking forward to meeting some of the crew and testing out my new EFS but without the rubber it will be a waste, unless you guys have some new winches to test ha ha! Maybe next time

got a winch mate, works well too, pulled my bro off a ledge a couple of weeks ago at the springs...if its just your rubber don't let it worry you. all levels of tracks there and a lot of us just run AT boots anyway. if not see you next trip

Mate don't let tyres stop you !! I run R/T's and just pick my battles:secruity:

Looks Like Saturday for Me:3gears:

At least it's not a Poojero

Last edited:
hey alpha - this is the exact time you want to come out, esp when theres a lot of other vehicles around for help. We all learn about what our 4wd's can and can't do with whatever mods we have on them on every trip we take. You'll have other lads that can assist / snatch / winch you out if you get stuck and you can follow other peoples lines (or not when they stuff up :) Chatrock had no mods to his car and RT tyres and he did the Condamine River crossing with us last year. Hope the lads above changed your mind and you can come....

hey alpha - this is the exact time you want to come out, esp when theres a lot of other vehicles around for help. We all learn about what our 4wd's can and can't do with whatever mods we have on them on every trip we take. You'll have other lads that can assist / snatch / winch you out if you get stuck and you can follow other peoples lines (or not when they stuff up :) Chatrock had no mods to his car and RT tyres and he did the Condamine River crossing with us last year. Hope the lads above changed your mind and you can come....

yup and i run 32" tires and a 2" lift kit and decided to stall in the middle of the first river crossing...

so yeah, definitely come out and meet the crew, learn about your Nav and have yourself some fun!

Ok lets confirm and ock this in.

Is everyone who is going on the Saturday happy to meet at the Repco on Beaudesert Road Google Maps at 6:50am leaving at 7am. I am keen to get there early, do a some driving round, have something to eat and head off after lunch.

So those in for Saturday let me know if this suits.

Cheers

I would like to get involved with this. Only moved over to QLD recently and need to get out more.

I can do either day. My only drama is that i don't have any recovery gear, will that be a problem? Do i need a Nav with supper powers to be involved. (lift kit and diff lockers etc).

Latest posts

Back