Scotty bobcat legal appeal fighting fund!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLI

Reaction score
G,evening ladies & gents,

I have never physically met any of you; however, in my short time in participating with this great forum, i have noticed a genuine special bond between you all, a camaraderie similar to what I have with my fellow Defence Force Veterans’.

I for one am very greatfull for the advice you have given to me since I joined this forum. Advice that would have certainly cost me hundreds of dollars if I had to taken my Navara to a Nissan service centre.

I am prepared to donate $100.00 cash to help start a fighting fund for Scotty if he wishes to appeal against the outrageous verdict brought against him. I am also prepared to donate various D22 items, to be sold so those monies could be donated to the fighting fund.

I am a stranger to you all, as you are strangers to me. However, we are Australians, and Australians look after their mates!

Regards,

RLI

:idea:

From my conversation with Scotty tonight it sound s like he doesn't want to apeal the desicion.Maybe give him a chance to post up his thoughts before things get carried away.
He'll be home tommorow.
A great gesture though. Cheers.

Same thoughts as Ian, after my call to Scott late yesterday ... lets let Scotty get home to melbourne and give him a chance to digest the past two days - hopefully there is a way he can still do the high country trip with his daughter this weekend. Us VNOGgers will keep him distracted for the weekend at least.

I just had a chat with the guy in the next room here at work.

3 years is a LONG time and an appeal is not only a reasonable idea, it should be considered a priority. There's a law firm out at Toronto that specifically deals with these issues, I'll contact Scott when he's back home and give him the info.

Not sure if Scott will qualify for Legal Aid - but that's a possibility as well. The biggest issue will be how badly Scott needs the car for work - they may issue a restricted license as well as reducing the period, but that answer can only come at the appeal.

Scotty, post up when you're home and I'll give you a buzz.

Correct Tony.

Appeal against the severity of the penalty.

Legal Aid will depend on the means test they do.

I cant beleave the support you guys from all over this great country have given me.I am so humbled and appreciative and words cant descibe how I feel towards all of you guys,you are the best.I will be definately getting legal advice on my licence as I am the main carer for my 7 year old daughter and I live 5 kms out of town.As a few on here no I am also classified disabled due to my back injury so I cant even ride a push bike.I have spoken to a friend of mine who is a police prosecuter in Victoria and she neally fell off her chair when I told her.She seems to think that they cant make me loose my licence in Vic but is not 100% sure.I need to get home first and sort some shit out there as my troubles arn't over as my wife left me as I was walking out the door to come to NSW so I still have alot of serious shit to deal with.I can't believe the bad luck that I have had in the last 2 years and it just keeps compounding.i can't believe how strong I have been over the last 2 years as I think your average Joe blow would have ended it by now but I have my daughter to look forward to seeing when I get back,then one of the first things I will be doing is seeing a shrink so I dont loose it completely but once again words can not descibe the thanks I have for each and every one of you that has surported me through these extremely difficult times.
I also have to mention a very special thankyou to SPARRA04 (Ian) for the unbeleivable support he has given me up here when I only met him friday night and he has given up his time to show me around to keep my mind off things,spent a whole day in court with me and has taken a day off work to get me to the airport because I cant drive.A true genuine aussie bloke that gives a fuck about people and I dont know how I can ever repay him.

Its good to see where ever you go there is always support from the guys on here.

All the best keep and good luck mate.

Thanks Dave and as I have said before this is the first forum I have ever been on and I'm privlaged to be a member of it.The only good thing that has happened to me in the last 2 years and having this fucking car done is this forum and the life long friends I have made on it and the support from everyone on it.I cant say thankyou enough.

I also have to mention a very special thankyou to SPARRA04 (Ian) for the unbeleivable support he has given me up here when I only met him friday night and he has given up his time to show me around to keep my mind off things,spent a whole day in court with me and has taken a day off work to get me to the airport because I cant drive.A true genuine aussie bloke that gives a fuck about people and I dont know how I can ever repay him

your welcome scotty
ime sure you and others on this forum would do the same given the oportunity
its been a pleasure making your trip a bit more bearable
you have already repaid me by becoming a mate
seeya at the muster
ian

Chin up NQR......lol...

its hard to fathom whats going on with you atm and you know we all wish you the best.
Fuck...3 years...thats unheard of here in Vic, I'm not sure they can take your vic license away too, but you'll need to check.
As for the conversion/ripoff, I'm sure you could take civil action against the Co and would pursue that line of action if you desire, as its separate from the (driving offence) just passed.

Anyways, just stay around friends as much as you can at this difficult time as it will help keep your mind and health sane.

:cheers!:

I also have to mention a very special thankyou to SPARRA04 (Ian) for the unbeleivable support he has given me up here when I only met him friday night and he has given up his time to show me around to keep my mind off things,spent a whole day in court with me and has taken a day off work to get me to the airport because I cant drive.A true genuine aussie bloke that gives a fuck about people and I dont know how I can ever repay him

your welcome scotty
ime sure you and others on this forum would do the same given the oportunity
its been a pleasure making your trip a bit more bearable
you have already repaid me by becoming a mate
seeya at the muster
ian

I must have been on sparra's log in when I wrote this guys

Hey guys thankyou to everyone that sapported me through this and the guys who donated and a special thanks to RLI for setting it up.I had the appeal today and ended up with a positive result.From 3 years loss of licence to 1 and back dated to the first court case.All up will only lose for about 7 months.Its still going to be hard without it but I will have to get by.
Again a very big thankyou.You guys rock.:rock:

Back