Searching for a build thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade193

Reaction score
I've been looking for RustyNav09 Slow build thread about the Sax suspension he installed.
I can't find it and yes I used the advanced search option.
Thanks in advance.

I went into Advanced Search and on the right hand side entered "Rustynav09" in the top box, changed the box below to "Find threads started by user" and scrolled down to click on "Search".

Found all of 'em in one go. Too easy!

WOW!! a thread about me lol

the thread title has changed to "RustyNavs Tourer"

also about the Saxs 3SDS i installed. all i can say is WOW. ive had them loaded and the ride is as comfortable as they were unloaded. Had them up at LCMP last wknd and turned the Rancho shocks down to 1 on the dial and never felt a corrugation through the car and they flexed a dream. lets say i went further then my brothers pootrol did. for some reason i was able to flex better and was able to move quicker over rocks etc due to the comfort in the rears. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ITEM.

goodluck

I spoke to them today and they offered a complete kit for @2500 shipped to Sydney. A lot of money.
What do you have in the front?

I will have a read through your thread and may hit you up with some questions.

Last edited:
hit me up with any questions you wish mate. i have the EFS Elite Firm shocks up front still from when i had the original efs kit in for just pure offroading not touring. that is alot of coin for a suspension setup. i purchased mine from the 4wd Show and they had 25% off all items including shocks etc. so i ended up saving a bag a coin which went towards the rancho shocks instead of the Prime XP items they sell to match there springs. i may not be 100% correct but they look like Lovell Rebadged items and by looking at the Lovells website and the Prime XP items they look the same, but they may be pressurized differently.

are you installing the gear yourself?

I will do the rear myself, but will probably get my mechanic to install the front and do the alignment etc at the same time.
Getting 25% off is a real bonus. I'm mainly after the 3 stage rear and could use something else for the front, but I do want a balanced package. I don't do any off roading yet, but that's because i haven't set it up yet.

Yeh true. Also shipping would be a super killer. I only live 15mins away from there office here in Brisbane.

Let us know if you want any more detail

They quoted me $60 to ship to Sydney which i thought was good.
I've just been reading your thread and I'm glad you are happy with it. I'm going to look at sourcing my own shocks and see what deals I can get but i also need to get the front end sorted.
You mentioned in your thread about moving the helper spring. Is it adjustable?
I thought it was fixed based on what i had read. Is that so you can correct it for any additional weight?

They quoted me $60 to ship to Sydney which i thought was good.
I've just been reading your thread and I'm glad you are happy with it. I'm going to look at sourcing my own shocks and see what deals I can get but i also need to get the front end sorted.
You mentioned in your thread about moving the helper spring. Is it adjustable?
I thought it was fixed based on what i had read. Is that so you can correct it for any additional weight?

The adjusting is in the 3rd stage. They have a bracket that has a extra set of holes in its to adjust then to cater for super heavy loads. I've had mine packed for a weekends camping and they suspension hardly moved. I will be ringing John to see if I can get a set of brackets with a different spaced set of holes to cater a different setup. I have had the springs completely compressed in flex and the first and second stage still don't touch.

Latest posts

Back