Second Battery tray for a 2012 (Jap)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoCal

Reaction score
Hey there!
Long time lurker, first time poster.
Question for you all.
Trying to hunt down a second battery tray for the 2012 D22 Navara.
The Thai built cars came with 2 batteries to start the car, but the Jap model comes with just a single.

I have tracked down the part numbers for the tray on the Thai model, and are wondering would this fit the Jap model.
Have any of you fella's out there done this?

Cheers,

Mate, I've been looking at doing this myself, I'm going to order the bits through Nizzbits when I get back home from holidays. Having said that I don't have a definite answer, the best reply I've had from parts and service at various Nissan dealerships was "I guess so".

I've recently bought the pass side factory tray for my '08....tho I've not had time to do the tray/batt install yet...it does fitt...youll need to screw or rivet it in...it comes primer black so paint it your paint colour if you so wish.
pm Nizzbits...he has the info now from when I was ordering my stuff

Hi guys, I have a Dec 2011 Japan Built D22 and Parania does a dual battery tray that fits the Jap built D22 between the head light and air filter, takes a large battery too not the smaller crank battery as with the Thai D22's

G'day

If you have a snorkel good luck buying one that will fit. I've been trying and can't get one.

I'll be making my own

Cheers

Have been told by my local 4x4 outlet, that even with the larger Dual battery now in place, that the TJM Airtec Snorkel should connect straight to the OME air intake, he his rather certin of that, so will have to wait and see :)

Cheers for the welcome Ben!
Great to hear that it will work Krankin,
Sounds like i need to get in touch with this 'Nizzbits' fellow.

As for the snorkle, i got the factory one fitted, but i have seen / read that with some of the older ones that there is a pre-cleaner attached to them that takes up the precious battery space.
However, mine and the new ones don't have this.
It runs right up agents the guard.(Just a heads up)

JAFO, i will be able to answer this once i have my battery tray sorted. I will get one in straight after the tray is done.

Cheers for the info, i will get some pics up once ive done it.

Hy Guy's,

Here is a couple of pic's of the second battery installed into my D22 using the Piranha BTNND Battery Tray + Piranha page link:

http://piranhaoffroad.com.au/index.php/default/battery-trays-2/battery-tray-btnnd.html

The battery fits in with no modification to the Original Air Intake tube and from reading post from this forum, I am under the impression the Nissan Original Snorkel will fit with a battery this size installed and the manager of my preferred 4x4 supply outlet is certain the TJM AirTec Snorkel will connect up with the original air intake just behind the head light.

I hope they are right, don't really want to down size the Battery nor place one in the tub again.

Attachments

• IMAG0180.jpg
    IMAG0180.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 116
  • IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 115
JAFO, did you fit the 12" battery ?..if so what dimensions was the battery ie height and width ? and if not a 12" battery what length did you go for?
thanks

JAFO, did you fit the 12" battery ?..if so what dimensions was the battery ie height and width ? and if not a 12" battery what length did you go for?
thanks

Gazza,

I am using a Sea Master MFM70 Marine Battery:
Volts: 12
CCA @ -18 Deg: 720
RC at 25 Deg: 160
Length: 305
Width: 174
Height: 201
TH: 227
Wet Weight: 24.7
Assembly: D
Terminal Type: DST
Other Features: CV,HE,LG,RPH
Warranty: 24,

As per specifications on the SuperCharge web page:
http://www.supercharge.com.au/product_detail.php?seq=94

Battery fit's very snugly. I had to bend a little metal behind the L/Headlight, but that was it, fits in nicely and is still clear of the Air Intake Tube that runs along the L/Engine Wall and in behind the L/Headlight

Grant

mmmm...I made a mock up ( out of cadrboard ) of the 300mm long battery today and it wont fit mine--air con tubes and terminal blocks in the way..a 10" or 250mm battery would be better fit IMHO

mmmm...I made a mock up ( out of cadrboard ) of the 300mm long battery today and it wont fit mine--air con tubes and terminal blocks in the way..a 10" or 250mm battery would be better fit IMHO

Gazza,

Yes the AirCon Tube is pushed out of the way a little . . . about 2 - 5mm by the Battery. I have placed a small piece of foam/rubber hose around the AirCon Tube to help stop rubbing.

Based on the type of Battery you use the Battery Terminal's should not be an issue. Mine have heaps of clearance with stuff all chances of coming into contact with other material that may course arcing out, unless something fell and crashed the Bonnet onto the battery.

Back