secondary fuel filter

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewydz

Reaction score
Just ordered the deisel care secondary filter/ water separator. Check it out.
It is a bit $$ @ $320. But it is vehicle specific.

Will post so pics when i fit it.

Just ordered the deisel care secondary filter/ water separator. Check it out.
It is a bit $$ @ $320. But it is vehicle specific.

Will post so pics when i fit it.

Do you have a link lol

Just had a look, what is the difference between first stage and second ? Do you need both or only one?

Last edited:
Dieselcare.come.au mate

Look to ge great quality filters will be getting one for my 40

the primary is the main which is on the car standard.
this is a secondary to make sure there is no filth getting in the rail, injectors ect.
We get a LOT of shitty fuel out here this is just a cheap alternative to replacing an engine after 100k.

From what I read on the site, the secondary filter filters down to 2 microns which is very fine and probably overkill especially charging over $335 for the set up and at $45 per filter.

If you don't install the first stage filter which filters fine at around 30 micron at $35 per filter, then the secondary stage filter will clog up very fast. you really need to buy both. so changing fuel filters at $80 a time plus the initial set up of over $600, just not worth it UNLESS you buy fuel at a really bad servo or location constantly. 95% of people dont have that issue.
I dont see too many cars failing because they are not filtering fuel down to 2 microns.

I suppose in general driving in most corners of the country, you wont need to spend this sort of money on fuel filtration.

As far as I'm aware, the oem filters for crd motors these days are 2 micron anyway, so 2 filters that filter to the same level are pointless.

I fitted the same unit as linked above, except the 30 micron version, as a pre filter on my d22. Mainly for the water trap, because the oem filter is 2 micron anyway from my research...

You can get a kit eff ebay for about half the price of the above one, it just doesn't come with the vehicle specific bracket. Look for stanadyne filter on ebay. I'm pretty sure the seller that sells most of them is western filters. Supercheap can also order them in, but the ones they get don't come with fittings, but they can order them too.

Yes i did some more investigations into installing a second filter. Unless your refuelling out of 44'S all the time it is a complete waste of money :rofl2:

Can be worth it if the secondary filter which is placed in line before you main oem filter is the same micron or larger which can then be changed more often if they are are cheaper, which results in longer service periods for the oem filters which generally cost a lot more to replace. Only thing you have to be careful for is whether another filter inline creates too much resistance on the line leading to fuel starvation.

Can be worth it if the secondary filter which is placed in line before you main oem filter is the same micron or larger which can then be changed more often if they are are cheaper, which results in longer service periods for the oem filters which generally cost a lot more to replace. Only thing you have to be careful for is whether another filter inline creates too much resistance on the line leading to fuel starvation.

Which is the biggest problem on crd motors, given how quickly they turn the fuel over... the stanadyne fm100 though, is rated to flow 300 litres per hour, which is the one that is mentioned in this thread...

Like i said in my first post we have shit fuel thats why i fit a seconday.
All good sammy if live in the city and know your getting good stuff everytime you fill up.
I have fitted these to my last prado and hilux and if you could see the shit they pick up you would change your tone.

Like i said in my first post we have shit fuel thats why i fit a seconday.
All good sammy if live in the city and know your getting good stuff everytime you fill up.
I have fitted these to my last prado and hilux and if you could see the shit they pick up you would change your tone.

I live in the city, but regularly venture to Central QLD, and a heap of other country places camping and hunting. As I said, if I was fueling constantly in the bush or out of 44'S I would buy one. Glad that it has saved you on more than one occasion.

Even in the city we get shitty fuel too mate.

Back