Seen a bargain?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if anyone is likely to be interested but the Tigerz11 site says they have 20% off until 20.9.12.

Edit: they have extended it until 2.10.12

Last edited:
CHeers for the eads up on the tigerz sale... a tree trunk protector and a tow/extension strap for 50 odd bucks delivered!

20% off at Repco this weekend.

Discount applies to the full retail price and excludes catalogues and discounted lines, motor vehicle and marine batteries, transmissions, engines and cylinder heads, sat nav products, equipment, gift cards, combo deals and trade purchases. Store stock only.

At that price, I would suspect cheap and nasty.
Looks to be only for light jobs with a 1.6mm-2.5mm rod, but if the regulation is coarse, you may have a lot of trouble as those sizes only work with thin metal and current surging can blow holes. Plus you need to have some skill for thin metal.

Can you get to a TAFE college to learn arc welding first?
I've always found the guys very helpful with knowledge about what to buy.

Just my 2c.

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_23655.htm
Aldi have an arc welder, does anyone know if they are any good?
I'm looking to get started and a lot of people have suggested to start with arc welding.

http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_19359.htm
Also a torque wrench?

I did a little bit of arc welding when i was younger. Just went out and bought a mig a little while back and bloody glad i did. Great machine although it will cost a bit to get set up.

Mine was around 1100 with everything i need to start, helmet, gloves, welding cart..everything.

I bought a licoln 180c and love it, great little machine that you can get for about 900 bucks. But it comes down to what you want to use it for. You can get a good arc/inverter welder for 300-400 bucks.

Maybe start a thread about it to get some more info, because there is lots to learn. I probably would not bother with the aldi one. You would be better off saving longer and gettting a unit that will last you. Good tools are never a waste of money.

Pete

Last edited:
cheers for the advice, i'll hold out and save my pennies. will start a thread when i'm ready to do so.

Back