Series 4 D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you had the previous D40? Interested if the performance is a marked improvement.
Brand new car and a list of mods going on, good on you!

Great to read the feedback I ordered mine which arrives next week, without seeing or driving one, the specs just suit my requirements more so than any other similar vehicle. Mines a silver stx auto td, will post photos and feedback when I have it.

I drive the series 3 d40 daily at work. This new one is much more refined. Alot of the gear is getting bolted on that i tool off my jk wrangler rubicon.. the biggest pile of crap i have ever owned...

I had my series 4 delivered at the arranged time yesterday, salesman was very professional and went through a checklist of the handover, he was very keen to impress and mentioned a number of times that my feedback will asked for and that they are monitored on the customers responses. Now ive never driven any type of navara before but I have driven a couple of the other competitors in this class and the navara does not have turbo lag that the others have especially the mn triton. So although this dual cab is no power house its easy to drive and so far I,m impressed.

The salesmen might be monitored and their customer services recorded it's just a pity that it means bugger all to them, if it actually meant something there would no doubt be more customers as happy as you were with the service they received. Good to see another satisfied hair dresser out there.

Took delivery of our new series 4 turbo d D40 yesterday... Much impressed!!
No big dead lag spot off the line for a start.. The interier refinement is sweet. Though I think where you put your right elbow when driving would easily wear through ( but super comfy ) Just replace it later with something more sturdy.. Did 500k in it straight up.. Beautiful.. Overtaking a breeze..
They do not have a winch bullbar yet for these.. The current model DOES NOT FIT.. Have ta wait a month or 2 for arb and tjm to release the ones they are working on.. Nissan dont even have a bar yet.. The lift kit i ordered was delivered wrong so i have to go back to have it fitted ( might just wait and have the lift winch bar hid's and winch fitted all at the same time..

So If they can make this bloody series 4 without the sub 1500 deadzone - why the hell cant they modify the series 3 likewise. I wont be expecting the recall any time soon.

V6 Diesel

Hi to the forum, I was wondering if anyone has heard when the V6 Diesel would be available here in Australia, as i am in the market for upgrading my series 1 D-40 to a new one and if the V6 would be available sooner rather than later i would go for that.

I did hear via the grape vine that it would be here within 12 months and a price tag of roughly $5000.00 extra, but 12 months is to long to wait, if anyone has heard any different it wold be good to hear from you.

Cheers
Worm

Welcome worm, there is a thread around somewhere about the new model (being the current '10 model) and the V6 engine is discussed. Doubt there's been much new info on the V6 since that was last updated so you might get some info there.

Took delivery of our new series 4 turbo d D40 yesterday... Much impressed!!
No big dead lag spot off the line for a start.. The interier refinement is sweet. Though I think where you put your right elbow when driving would easily wear through ( but super comfy ) Just replace it later with something more sturdy.. Did 500k in it straight up.. Beautiful.. Overtaking a breeze..
They do not have a winch bullbar yet for these.. The current model DOES NOT FIT.. Have ta wait a month or 2 for arb and tjm to release the ones they are working on.. Nissan dont even have a bar yet.. The lift kit i ordered was delivered wrong so i have to go back to have it fitted ( might just wait and have the lift winch bar hid's and winch fitted all at the same time..

Mate - I am also look at updating - I have 2005 STX, best car( i have had many) i ever owned, this time around i want an Auto - sick of traffic and changing gears.
What is price?? and what is economy like- i get fantastic mileage - 1000 km a tank,around 8 L per 100 I do alot of Highway driving.

Cheers
Scotty

Latest posts

Back