Service Intervals / Warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G.Robbo

Reaction score
I just had a quick look through the log book and there are service intervals for every 5000kms. I have just bought mine second hand with 6500kms and noticed a service/inspection was carried out at 1000kms but not 5000kms.

Will this void the warranty? Are the 5000km service intervals required for warranty? And how much tolerance do they give you regarding kms or do you have to be spot on. Eg. 20000kms at 21000kms.

Don't want to muck up the warranty just in case something happens.

1000k service is just a quick inspection and nothing else....which means your truck has not had a true service yet...I would get a full service done and that way you will know that all your lubes are fresh.

5000klm servicing is meant only for 'severe' use and 10000klm servicing the standard.

+1 on Krankin's advice. I asked my Nissan dealer this very question and received the same answer Krankin has given.

In fact, I went over our driving habits with the dealer in some detail - towing, outback travel, mild off-roading (and now I can add wading with water coming over the bonnet) and he said - and the service manager confirmed - that 10,000km services will still be fine.

Today's vehicles are manufactured to higher tolerances, with greater accuracy. Lubricants and other fluids (coolant, hydraulic etc) are also more advanced. New petrol cars are now being serviced every 15,000km!

The thing you're going to notice the most between services is the colour of your engine oil. Diesel oil goes black fairly quickly. It's not a sign that the oil is burnt - it's soot deposited in the oil from blow-by (hot combustion gas that squeezes its way past the piston rings).

Righto, thought 5000k was excessive. Do I need to get it serviced at nissan to keep the warranty valid? What do you fellas do? Nissan or other?

I'm thinking nissan will be expensive.

Mine is serviced by the Nissan dealer where I bought it. They might charge a little extra, but my dealer's been pretty good with my car, finding issues that I haven't, fixing those and everything that I've found.

Mine is serviced by the Nissan dealer where I bought it. They might charge a little extra, but my dealer's been pretty good with my car, finding issues that I haven't, fixing those and everything that I've found.

Do you use Klosters Tony?

Latest posts

Back