Shocking rattle in motor. Timing chain?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys just got the nav back tonight. Very good news considering what I was expecting. Turns out the rattle was a drive belt tensioner went. The bearing in it was shagged. Still bout $500 but better than a blown motor or something

Usually its the tensioner itself its a little shock absorber and rattles like crazy heaps about this on patrol forums

Usually its the tensioner itself its a little shock absorber and rattles like crazy heaps about this on patrol forums

Oh ok. Thats just what the mechanic said and it looked as if the bearing was non existent. All i no is its fixed and im back out on the tracks asap:rambo:

I am pleased to hear the outcome.

Great one for your pocket and the inter cooler savings, only pinched half of it ?!?!

Goldy.

I am pleased to hear the outcome.

Great one for your pocket and the inter cooler savings, only pinched half of it ?!?!

Goldy.

Yeah guys I was over the moon especially because money is a bit tight at the moment. But yes goldy luckily I'll still b able to get my intercooler soonish which is a bonus

Latest posts

Back