Show the temp in your dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wenever actually tried any of this on the KC only the CC. Main diff being CC made in Spain and is same as the Frontier. The KC is similart but not the same so no guarantee it will fit however that guy will maybe know
Sorry tis only a D40 deal as far as I know
D22 gets wheels we get temp Sensors lol

Glad to help out guys
there are a few other things we can do with the truck . The door moulds Nissan Aus fits run about the $700 mark according to my local dealer. I bought mine in colours plastic that was painted for $40 US a side so all up maybe $150 Aus in whatever colour you want.
Bed Extenders yup perfect fit .

Can someone point me in the right direction of a deale rwho can supply for $99 - the best i have got is $170 ...and i sure as hell reckon I can guess the temp at that price LOL

Appreciate some help...cheers

I got one delivered to the front door from Garry email: [email protected]
Great service and $50 cheaper than the dealers. I also ordered the cabin aircon filters through him and from memory they were around $28 each. I originally found him on the patrol4x4 forum and sounded him out re D40 parts.....no problem.

Hi all, just a quick update.

Bought a sensor and plugged it in using supplied directions. removed the positive battery lead for all of about 1 sec and reconnected. Got into the cab, started up the Nav and there it was in the dash; the outside temp. I wish all mods were this easy.

Thanks for everyone's help on this one. The wife doesn't share my excitement at having the temp show in the dash but what does she know.

Fitting Instructions

Hi all

Fitted the ambient temp sensor this morning; took about 3 minutes. Had it on back order from Japan for past two weeks.

As we all know the D40 comes with the wiring loom already in place.

Couple photos to show how easy it is for anyone who is not too sure about fitting it.

apart from now knowing the ambient temperature, the best part is that it now fills in that 'blank space' within the gauge.

Bosshog

Attachments

• The Sensor.JPG
    The Sensor.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 472
  • Wiring Loom.JPG
    Wiring Loom.JPG
    45.3 KB · Views: 540
  • Sensor in loom.JPG
    Sensor in loom.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 525
Just remember guys the 4x2 needs some extra wiring to get it to work
Also I heard there is no extra wiring on the King Cab so the mod wont work without maybe running all the wiring in. The dash cluster itself is where the sensor connects

hey guys just picked up my new 09 narvar STX D40 KC, and was having a look around for the plug to do this mod. does anyone know where they are on the KC, found something on the LHS of the radiator behind the grill but actually in the engine bay. it is a blank green plug does anyone know if this would be it?

Hi Phibza I am not sure if this mod is available to the King Cab . I think someone tried it and there isnt the same wirinf harner. Possibly its the same dash cluster and you could manually run in all the wiring. It is only wiring in a sensor.

Hey Aussie

Do you know anything about the ltr/100 display.. Same as the D40 Pathfinder..
Apparently it can be retro fitted into the D40 Navara...

The dash module itself would probly be a perfect fit however seeing the fuel gauge and the speedo arent too accurate then any DTE would be way out too.
What many have done is install a SanGauge and it is way more accurate and offers way more than just DTE etc

Thanks..
I goolgled Scangauge and found it... Only problem, can the gauge be switch to metric, ie, MPH to KPH and MPG to KM/100???

Scangause will work perfectly in the D40 4 door.I cant say for sure on the king cabs as havent heard of anyone doing it. However there are quite a few of us with them installed in the Crew cabs with both oiler and petrol engines and they are a perfect fit as far as accuracy goes

Got mine and fitted it today. Took a few minutes.

You don't have to disconnect the battery, just the fuse next to the glovebox labelled 'Electronic Parts' 10A fuse with power from the battery not ignition.
Saves having to enter the radio code.

Has anyone actually figured out what's in these sensors, or even opened one and seen the guts of it all?

I've been quoted $118 for the Nav part and $135 for the Pathy part which is a joke in itself given they no doubt house the same components. But going by their size and exactly what is needed electronically to give a temperature reading I can't see more than about $3 worth of parts in one of these things.

My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that all it really needs is a thermistor with a nominal resistance at 20 degrees not 25 as most available in our electronic shops are. If this is the case unless Nissan have got some patent on a 20 degree thermistor then they have to be available somewhere.

Anyone want to send me their sensor so I can pull the thing apart, I'll put it back together.....hopefully :no:

Back