Show us your Plasti Dip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I beg to differ that its a substitute for paint, rather a convenient and temporary alternative to sanding and prepping and can be easily peeled off. Its just like wrapping all your shit up in a latex glove or a giant condom or something, so subject to tears and de-laminating. I personally wouldnt use it on anything that was to be permanent.

blacked out the grill

Attachments

• IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 168
Yeah, in which case its brilliant. Its not better than paint though.

I disagree. Depends. Are you talking a REAL paintjob? Or a backyard job by someone who doesnt know how to knock back the paint with sandpaper after laying down each coat to avoid orange peel surfacing? Then lay down the clear coat properly? Or do you just mean a REAL paintjob?

Overall, id say Plastidip is better. Easy to lay down, looks as good in matte black, still doesnt chip and peels off when you are over it. Bit more work removing paint when you are over it. If paint is layed down properly, of course, it looks great and doesnt chip etc, but lets be honest, who could be ****ed when you can just lay down Plastidip with less prep and fuss.

Cobez is on the money, I only done it to see if I really wanted to powder coat my wheels, with next no prep and being removable I haven't committed to sanding and ruining my wheels, with almost no damage after 12 months and being happy with the result I'm going to leave it as is, cost vs ease of use is great, besides if the surface was to get damaged what's the worst case? Another $20 for a touch up can that will last for years at this rate!
Not to mention the DIY ability of this stuff is awsome. anyone can use it to good effect and the possibilities are endless, I even used it to seal up my trailer wiring where I couldn't use heat shrink on the three way junction (over the tape).

Now that's just showing off. Looks good, did you buy in bulk? Do mind telling us how much and where from?

Latest posts

Back