Signed up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4Burner

Reaction score
Hi, been doing a bit of reading on this site and thought I would join up.
I bought a new RX D40 Dual Cab last year. I use it as a work vehicle and for towing the camper trailer. Very happy with it.
I am planning a trip from Melb to Perth later this year and looking for some advice on some of the gear I need to fit to the ute and an itinerary.
I'll get some photo's up when I work that out and the story of this ute so far.

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

For long hauls you can do it two ways really. Each has risks and merits and it depends on your schedule and who's waiting on the other side for you!

Bust-a-nut: multiple drivers, keep going and you'll cover the distance in about 36 hours. There are major fuel stops all the way across, you'll never have to worry about fuel.

Sightseeing: take as long as you like. There are places to stop everywhere, roadside rest areas, some with water (often NOT potable, take your own) and some with tables, chairs and a place to sit your BBQ on while you cook. I'm not sure I'd cook on something that's probably had emus humping on it or something like that.

The two different approaches require different "loads". Personally I'd do it the slow way, but then we have our turtle behind us and can stop anywhere (and nearly everywhere!).

Cheers guys and thanks for the welcome.

OK testing a picture upload.

Struggling here.

Anyone know how to link pictures across from skydrive?

Last edited:
I see that you've tried pasting in an iframe for the image, I don't think that's supported. What's more, the image looks like we need to be logged in to see it, and since you've less than 10 posts, any post with a link in it will sit in our moderation queue until we've had a chance to verify that the link isn't to a Louis Vuitton site etc.

An alternative is to start your reply, go to "advanced" mode, and look below the post for the "Manage Attachments" section. Use that - upload your image to the forum, then you can either leave it as an attachment, or copy it's link location and post it as an image within the same post (click on "Insert Image" then past the URL of the attachment).

So Photobucket is the answer.

WP_000624_zps3e2237b9.jpg

Looks like a nasty scratch in the back window. I replaced a side window in mine with perspex while I was waiting for the glass to arrive. $900 a side, dunno why you'd bother when a perspex supplier cut me a square piece for $35 and after using a jigsaw, a couple of drill bits and a sander to round things off nicely, you couldn't tell the difference (except for the extra weight in the wallet).

If you're planning on roughing it in tge bush anywhere take a cheap pump spray bottle, you know the little 15 litre garden sprayers.. they're the best camp shower fir the middle of nowhere.

Car wise if you've only got the one spare tyre maybe take some of that tyre fix in a can. Unlikely that you pop one on the nullabour ( or however you spell it ) but its useful to chuck behind the back seat and forget about until you really need it. I've never had to use it myself but its a bit of piece of mind

Latest posts

Back