Simpson crossing spring or autumn

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmce

Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Planning a trip across the simpson desert east to west ( apparentlly the harder way)and was wondering which time of year would be better. September school holidays 2013 or easter 2014 (or there abouts). I'm taking a month all up, plenty of time! Does it make any difference to the track conditions (vechile use) before or after the summer closing. For example, before summer there has been a lot of vechiles to chew up the track and after summer the track has had time to sort of repair itself. Or am i wrong completely.
Any info would be great as i need to book my annual leave well in advance.
Thanks
Jacko

Mate.....

Going at Easter or Sept Holidays, it will be hot during the day (plenty of water req'd) with the Sept Period might be a little bit cooler at night. With Easter Holidays, u will one of the 1st across & therefore the sand will be softer and therefore it will be a bit harder crossing than if u were to go at the end of the tourist season......

rob

Agree with Robmacca. At the start the clay pans may still be a bit soft if there has been any rain.

Thanks for that.
My origanal plan was Sept, but i might not have the money by then. I will have to save harder!!

Back