*VNOG* border track trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was in Opposite Lock this morning and they did the Border Track on the weekend. Mmmm if you like lots of mud you're in for a great time. There are tracks around those deep mud holes but they're like driving on ice apparently. OL's 70 series 'Cruiser was covered in mud with sand buried deep into the bullbar!!

Fun time ahead I suspect!

I spoke with two of my farmers last night. The one who lives near to Pinnaroo has received 18mm since the weekend and the other close to Bordertown has recorded nearly 50mm. Wet, wet, wet.

Oh and to state the obvious, both told me its freezing. Thermals, a big camp fire and red wine will be the order of the day.

Gus I can imagine, its been cold and wet in melbourne for 72 hours. We must have had 35mm last night.
I am trying to get a fence finished before Friday, but I keep stopping when it rains...

I think the gummys might be going in!

The rain looks to be clearing over the weekend.

FUEL:
Schillings @ Rainbow 5395 1026.
Saturday 8.30am to 1.00pm, 5.30pm to 8.30am
Sunday 8.30am to 3.00pm

BP @ Pinnaroo
24 hours.

Shouldn't be a need to carry any jerry cans of fuel.

Gus - 1 litre bottle of bourbon made it's way into my food tub - warm shots before bed!

Last edited:

Gus - I litre bottle of bourbon made it's way into my food tub - warm shots before bed!

oops ... i hope Scotty doesn't read that ... he's known to raid fridge's for beers during lengthy recovery operations ... He might start looking for the Bourbon behind ya back if ya not carefull ... :sarcastic:

LOL

:rock:

(btw ... we still luv ya scotty ...)

FUEL:
Schillings @ Rainbow 5395 1026.
Saturday 8.30am to 1.00pm, 5.30pm to 8.30am
Sunday 8.30am to 3.00pm

BP @ Pinnaroo
24 hours.

Shouldn't be a need to carry any jerry cans of fuel.

Gus - I litre bottle of bourbon made it's way into my food tub - warm shots before bed!

Long range tank addresses any fuel concerns.

And yes there is nothing like warming up from the inside out :big_smile:

1. Heata, (confirmed)
2.Ridgie,(confirmed)
3.BossHog,(confirmed)
4.ONLOCK, (confirmed)
5.Scotty B, (confirmed)
6.Sossel.(confirmed)
7. d22dave(confirmed)

I'll be getting in to the 'pot of gold' motel ph03 5395 1060 around 4pm, and probably heading up to the Eureka Hotel around 5.30 for dinner, and a frothy or two, which is in the main st of Rainbow. (Federal st). I know Kyle, Daz and Gus are staying at the same place, So I'll see you at the pub or motel or whatever. Not sure about Scotty, Dave and Sossel.
I'll throw up some meeting points, 9.00am sunday at the servo in Rainbow, (Rainbow Hopetoun rd)
and 9.30 Western Beach Albacutya for those camping sat night.

If any of you still miss us, we'll take Pella tk to Milmed Rock tk to Murrayville track and see you at Big Billy bore Sun night!

Last edited:
And if anyone needs to get in contact for any reason we will be on ch 17 or call kyle on 0419 380 649

Finished the last minute repairs to the Nav and are all set!

Just not sure how we'll fit everything in. Might have to leave Miss Piggy and the two little pigs at home - I wish.:sarcastic:

Have fun Guy's & dont forget the photo's and tales of woe, preferably embellished and over exaggerated!:cheers!:

I am booked at the pot of gold as well.
I have to ogranise with scotty as we are going to meet up and travel up together hoping to arrive at around 3-4pm.
Am i better to go via Ballarat/Horsham/Dimboola or Bendigo/StArnaud/Warracknabeal?

I understand Scotty is staying in Stawell - so if youare meeting up with him you're best to go the Western Hwy. Heata is going that way also. Scotty did leave a message on my phone that he was going to come across to Bendigo from Stawell but I will call him when I'm on the road to say NO - that is crazy!

I am off to Bendigo now to catch up with family and will head to Rainbow sometime at morning.

Sossel -you probably should give Scotty a call. I'll PM his number..

I have spoken to sossel and organised a plan depending on what he leaves.Heath give me a call if you are coming up through stawell and I can meet you somewhere aswell and head up together.

Pics!
What happens on the trip stays on the trip.

Unless there are pics! So get busy with the stills and the videos fellas. Be safe and play nicely.

Pics!
What happens on the trip stays on the trip.

Unless there are pics! So get busy with the stills and the videos fellas. Be safe and play nicely.

Bloody oath mate and I'm spewin your not coming bud.I miss you,you big red headed poof.lmao.I will have to make an effort to come over and see you soon mate.

,you big red headed poof.
Yep I'm still red headed, not a poof (money talks lol) but big? Losing a kilo a week and turning Beefcake now that I'm not sedentary.
3beefcake.gif

Have a great trip. This was one I really wanted to do but circumstances are what they are.....Got an invite from the Birdsville racing club today so a week off if I can might see me there.

Camera is on charge ready to go, and the truth will never get in the way of a good story on vnog trips.

Aidos on the way home sounds good, get ready for a party mate lol

Latest posts

Back