*VNOG* border track trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And a good hot water service, gonna be a smelly drive home after 5 days out in the desert

I'll turn the hose on ya's.
If anyone is coming back down the Calder then you are welcome to call in for a beer or coffee break. I can put a keg on but I reckon you might all be more interested in getting home after a week away.
Let me know if your nearby on the way back and I'll be as hospitable as I can be if you need a break before the run for home. 0488 443 101

I had to return a day early for work so get to report first on what a great trip we have had in the Desert Parks.

ONLOCK is writing an official trip report I believe but I (and Miss Piggy and the piglets) had fab time with the VNOG Team! Great people, excellent tracks and some very challenging dunes too.

Thanks VNOGGERS for allowing a South Aussie to join you, we really enjoyed it!!!

So picks and video below. Scotty Bobcat has got some great video so wait for him to post that...

All parked up!

P1020739.jpg

The VNOGGERS will understand!

P1020740.jpg

Scotty in the mud

P1020766.jpg

ONLOCK joining in the fun

P1020770.jpg

P1020740.jpg

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.\`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`

Look forward to more reports. :big_smile:

Tell me what i missed.

Roast beef, roast pork, roast chicken, great rissoles at the Maryvale pub....................oh and we did some great tracks also.

Great trip Heata - loved it. Staying in the one camp was a great change to packing up and moving each day.

Fantastic to meet Bosshog and his family, and to have sossel along to share some of his extensive 4WD knowledge.

Here are some of my pics:

VNOG Mallee July 2011 pictures by Bartess - Photobucket

Last edited:
awesome trip, car is cleaned and unpacked now im relaxing. iv gone through my pics and geez there are some great ones, some really good ones on the dunes where you can see the kids faces whilst in the car. lol priceless.

ill upload the pics tomorow

It was mentioned once or twice, but the EPA was more concerned about the amount of cleaning product the waeco boys had to use, cleaning spillages in their fridges each day.

ahaha dont worry matty it was the topic of the weekend, sossel and bosshog also jumped on the bandwagon. but there is a new saying for when something goes a lil wrong its a waeco moment.

Matt - your timing is perfect!! It was 4 Waeco's against Heata's 35year old Engel. Banter all trip. I slowed up a bit as I had cleaned mine 3 times due to poor packing and bad choice of product packaging. The sand is much harsher and more constant in up and down movement than the slow climbs of the high country and I paid the price. Custard and yoghurt is a curse!

Sossel found that a six pack of dunny roll provided good protection.

Gee it's tough out here........ lucky I've got a Waeco!

Last edited:
Matt - your timing is perfect!! It was 4 Waeco's against Heata's 35year old Engel. Banter all trip. I slowed up a bit as I had cleaned mine 3 times due to poor packing and bad choice of product packaging. The sand is much harsher and more constant in up and down movement than the slow climbs of the high country and I paid the price. Custard and yoghurt is a curse!

Sossel found that a six pack of dunny roll provided good protection.

Gee it's tough out here........ lucky I've got a Waeco!

Haha funny shit! I also noticed plenty of slimline plates, surely that would have been an advantage on those dune climbs? How are those new UC arms going too mate? Saw ur pics, way more down travel!

Latest posts

Back