slide on canopy for d22 for a tub

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update: I got All the doors welded on the canopy yesterday with a cylinder type of hinge, and today i painted the welds with primer so they don't rust. I need to give it all a light sand and maybe spray or brush the final coat on. Not shore yet. Iv taken some photos wich il upload tomorrow. Geting there slowly. :big_smile:

here is some photos of the door getting welded on. there is a pic of my hinges i made thank to bods. They work fine. I had to paint the welds so they don't rust so now I have to paint the hole thing again.

Attachments

• IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 225
  • IMAG0278.jpg
    IMAG0278.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 219
  • IMAG0279.jpg
    IMAG0279.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 222
  • IMAG0295.jpg
    IMAG0295.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
just a update. i have drilled four 12mm hole though the tub to conect the canopy on and welderd the nut on the under inner side out the tub, so all i have to do when i want to take it off is to unscrew the 4 bolts and not worry about the nuts. i also cut the back door to sout the tail gate. now all thats left is to cover it and make some stands to hold it up so i dont have to lift it by hand and put a light in there (wich i have) :top:

Attachments

• IMAG0311.jpg
    IMAG0311.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 281
  • IMAG0312.jpg
    IMAG0312.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0313.jpg
    IMAG0313.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMAG0314.jpg
    IMAG0314.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0315.jpg
    IMAG0315.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 241
Just a little update. I have managed to get my hands on some stainless steel from where I was working they where going to through it out its brand new. So I will be covering the canopy with stainless steel.

Just alittle update had to change the hinge that I did due to covering it. I couldn't make it water/dust proof. So I'm thinking of useing centaflex hinges. Has anyone used them befor?

Yeah but not much. Well I cut the hinges off and went out and brought the centaflex hinge. Look very durable. Now I have all the bits that I need to finish it, so I will start tomorrow and hopefully by the week end il have it finished. I'll take pics as I go.

Update: Just finish cutting all the stainless steel to cover it. Now all i need to do is glue it all together and cut all the angles and tide it up. I'm trying my best to finish it but the week end because I have my daughters 1st birthday party and I have taken up most of the back yard. So il have to see what happens.

i dont want to scare you but it takes up alot of your time (for me anyway as im a frist time dad trying to suffle work and play time). if you are keen on doing it you will find time to do it. it may take i bit longer than you thought but so be it. if you need anything let me know and im happy to help you.

I didn't manage to finish the canopy today as I had some running around to do today. Yesterday I cleaned all the rough edges on the stainless steel that I cut with the grinde, so I don't cut my fingers on it. I also glued all the stainless on the doors but I have to trim it all when its finished ,so it fits nice and neat. All that I have left to do is glue the roof sheets on, the back and hinge the doors and trim it all. Than wire a light in and make some stands so I don't need to lift it by hand. il put some pics up soon as I can.

i dont want to scare you but it takes up alot of your time (for me anyway as im a frist time dad trying to suffle work and play time). if you are keen on doing it you will find time to do it. it may take i bit longer than you thought but so be it. if you need anything let me know and im happy to help you.

yeah ive made a few things for other cars before, and it takes ages. ill be happy if i can a few hours a week to work on it. Im going to try source all my bits first then build from there.. me pics please

here are some pics when i glued the stainless on the doors

Attachments

• IMAG0418.jpg
    IMAG0418.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG0419.jpg
    IMAG0419.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 139
some more pics of what it will look like when i finish it hopefully (a little neater though)

Attachments

• IMAG0422.jpg
    IMAG0422.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMAG0423.jpg
    IMAG0423.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 169
  • IMAG0424.jpg
    IMAG0424.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 152
  • IMAG0425.jpg
    IMAG0425.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 163
did you get any more done on your canopy?

i did a little to day. i managed to hinge the two side door on with the centaflex hinges and rivits. im having some trouble with the back door. the top is on a angle and i cant rivit the centaflex hinge on.

looking good mate, taking some time and effort but a least you can say its yours

some time is a understaemeant. i dont have the proper tools so im doing my best with what i got. also i dont have a shed so im outs side in the weather. but look il get there slooowly and yes i can say i did it :redcool:

Latest posts

Back