Sludged up D22 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something is very wrong - could very well be coolant. Or some bizare feedback between running rough producing excess soot going into the egr cuasing it to run rough?

That's very interesting.... The early D4D in the Toyotas had something similar happen... It turned out to be the Injector seals they were using at the time. The injector seal was a plain copper type of seal and it use to corrode in the "right conditions" and allow "blow-by" past he injector and up into the rocker cover. This in turn would react with the oil and turn it to sludge. After a while it would start to clog up the oil pick up mesh in the sump to a point where it would prevent oil passing and in turn seize up the motor..... The "proposed" solution was to replace the bare copper seals with 'Tinned" copper seals and it seems at this point in time to have resolved the issues.....

Could this be similar ???

I'm willing to bet this is many many skipped services and engines gone without an oil change for 40k+ .

Don't you love seeing things like that when you own the exact same model. Anyone got any suggestions to help avoid. I don't skip services but haven't done egr or catch can as I still have a few months of warranty left and don't want to give any excuses to mr Nissan. Makes you wonder though.. Ben

It will be fine. My zd30 is 250000km old and it's still spotless inside. Intake manifolds blocked as **** but oil in motor is clean as

Latest posts

Back