snapped torsion bar at fraser island,not fun

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aussie.lyons

Reaction score
Had some bad luck lately with my d22,I snapped my torsion bar on passenger side at fraser island,front left hand end dropped down nearly on the groundd,as you could imagine its not cheap or that easy to just fix problems of that nature there,I luckily got a pair sent over on a barge to me that I picked up in a mate's car and installed ourselves,but I'm after a heavy duty pair,any good suggestions? Cheers guys

EFS and tough dog make a good set, pretty cheap to, give zordo a ring.

Did you have them wound right up?

Old man Emu springs are crap and most sag pretty badly after only a few weeks, you can buy better for less.

tough dog ones sound pretty heavy duty compared to some, i know dave was thinking of changing them as they were a bit too firm.

would suit many others though i'd say.

I got heavy duty Ironman torsion bars from Zordo for $300 pick up. They are also the same as Dobinson too apparently but cheaper.

I got heavy duty Ironman torsion bars from Zordo for $300 pick up. They are also the same as Dobinson too apparently but cheaper.[/QUOTE/
can anyone else verify this? Seems a bit of a stretch that dobinson and ironman would be the same but good news if they are

I am under the impression that there are only a couple of places that manufacture torsion bars. They then get badged and then sold. So I think it is quite plausible that ironman and dobinson are the same. Someone in the industry may be able to shed more light on this topic but I think that it has been discussed on the forum before.

On the subject of torsion bars, I have one lil question for when I upgrade to steel bar and winch is , Does anyone know of Ultimate Suspension rebrand there torsion bars. Heard alot about there product and was willing to give them a go cause of there warranty

Had some bad luck lately with my d22,I snapped my torsion bar on passenger side at fraser island,front left hand end dropped down nearly on the groundd,as you could imagine its not cheap or that easy to just fix problems of that nature there,I luckily got a pair sent over on a barge to me that I picked up in a mate's car and installed ourselves,but I'm after a heavy duty pair,any good suggestions? Cheers guys

If your front end has anything heavier than a alloy bar don't waste your money on OME torsion bars, im about to replace mine with tough dog in the next few days when they arrive (350 of ebay) will let you know what there like then. With the ironman ones I put a set in a mates D22 a few months back and he couldn't be happier,made a huge improvement.

Scotty, since it has been a few months since putting the new torsion bars in, how are you finding them?

I am considering getting rid of the factory ones and upgrading

Latest posts

Back