Snorkel installation

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paddym

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just bought a scintex snorkel off ebay and am going to install it this week myself. It's the one with navara printed on the side. Was wondering if anyone who has installed one on their nav could tell me what size hole saw and drill bits are needed for the installation as i want to make sure i have all the right sizes for when it arrives.
Cheers. Oh and anyone who has one of these snorkels how did it fit up?

Last edited:
Hey mate, i installed one of these on my old nav when i was 16 haha it came out great just don't trust the template, I used it for the big hole then marked the others with a pen they were completely different to the ones on the template. From memory the big hole was 95mm not 100% though, make sure its a good one cheap ones wont cut through, use masking tape on all the holes so the paint doesnt chip. For the smaller holes i pre drilled them and used a step drill bit as there really easy and neat. paint all cut edges for rust ect. sikaflex all intake joins and they say to use locktite on the studs but they come with nylon lock nuts so you dont really need it. anyway good luck with it

Just put mine on the other night. Was from AOS on eBay for 200$ ( has the navara badge in the side.)
Was an absolute pain in the ass.
Nothing lined up or worked and im quite mechanically minded and it frustrated the fudge out of me.
Hole saw required was 86mm but is easier to go larger and will give you more play when manoeuvring pipes around. 90mm worked fine. Make sure you use a diamond tooth hole saw.
The biggest problem for me was the side indicator. For the snorkel to sit hard up against the window you would have to remove the indicator, so I kept the snorkel forward 100 mm off the window and I've got to make a bracket to stabilise the snorkel.

I'm guessing you get what you pay for. Next time I might pay the extra 100 to get a genuine Nissan or safari one and you wouldnt have my issue

Cheers for the info guys i installed half of it today, got all the holes drilled and the bracket mounted. Pretty much did everything the same as what you've said and it all fits fairly good i'm quite happy with it so far. Used a nibbler attachment on my cordless drill to cut the indicator hole out just have to file it up some more tomorrow as it's a bit small still but yeah that bit is a bit o a pain in the ass. Tomorrow i'm just going to do all the internal work and rust treat those holes. A bit of sikaflex and she'll be sweet :) i have some pictures on my other thread.
Cheers

Just grabbed myself one today and was pretty stoked to find this thread. Does it bypass the prefilter? I'm hoping to get time in the weekend to install it. 90mm hole saw you reckon?

from memory they don't but i ended removing it and just fitting some 3'' flex pipe straight from the snorkel to the air box and threw everything out inbetween

Yeah mate it does bypass the pre filter. It's a bit of a pain in the ass hooking it all up, but it's definitely worth it. With a K and N air filter and my new snorkel it has made a good improvement on performance. And also i used an 86mm hole saw and that gave me a bit of play

Latest posts

Back