Snorkel / Upgraded Intake

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the snorkel head had something to get rid of water...

By the sounds of it, the snorkel doesnt do much for wading depth if there are holes in the bottom of the airbox... :-/
the TJM instructions tells you to block the OEM drain holes in the air box

Thanks guys for clearing that up, I never really understood how the principle worked. So the next question would be if facing the snorkel intake forwards, would this assist greatly in the efficiency of the snorkel at higher than average speeds. Catch 22 is you will be sucking in more dirty air as well.
If the snorkel intake faces backwards, would this be a bad thing for efficiency of the system as this would create a negative pressure and in theory suck air away from the air box (venturi effect). I know this doesn't happen because these intakes do face backwards probably because the demand for air is higher from the engine than the low pressure created by facing the intake backwards.

Snorkle direction plays no influence on performance whatsoever in tests I have seen. In fact people with rear facing snorkles generally get less dirt and crap in their filters if they are rear facing which means longer filter life

There is 3 holes in the bottom of the air box im thinking ill block all 3 of them and drill another hole that ill connects a pipe onto a 1 way valve

Just fitted the TJM Airtech snorkel.
Had to move the ECM back 20mm to get it to fit.
TJM say you don't need to but the module in the instructions is different to the one in my vehicle.
Maybe a RX mine is a STX.

Installation is rarely straight forward, the inner guard hole needs to be 5mm to the front then the template is.

Later mod would be to make the snorkel go directly into the box instead of all the twist and turns.
goes 3" to 2.5" to 2" into the filter box.

3" TJM snorkel mod.

TJM Snorkel mod - 5.jpg
TJM s bend 3" to 2"

TJM Snorkel mod - 6.jpg
TJM stock airbox attachment.

TJM Snorkel mod - 7.jpg
Stock airbox induction

TJM Snorkel mod - 1.jpg
Test fit 3" to 3"

TJM Snorkel mod - 4.jpg
Cut out inside of airbox

final fitment.
Should get plenty air without restriction now.
Little more induction noise from the snorkel now.
But can't here it with the windows closed.
Now should I close of the stock intake.
I don't go into water crossings, got the snorkel to improve air flow and try to keep out of the low dust.
TJM Snorkel mod - 8.jpg

TJM Snorkel mod - 9.jpg

Latest posts

Back