Snorkle for 2010 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi UP N OVA, the thing is yes the nissan snorkel is by airtek just with a different badge however tjm wont touch a dual battery 2010 2.5 nav (imo this a joke on behalf of tjm, arb and safari). Seriously if the guys at nissan can do it, why cant the others? Finally you have to be very specific in regards to quoting which nav you have as i cant remember the amount of times ive been told i could then no when i specifically mention the dual battery system. Hope this helps.

Alex.

Just did mine today, 2010 genuine Nissan snorkel. Took pretty much all day, but I think I dry fitted it 20 times.. measure 20 times cut once (or make small cut lots of times).

All pretty straightforward, but I wouldn't attempt it again without a decent holesaw. The piece of cr@p I had just heated up the panel, threatening to burn the paint off. In the end I drilled a million holes to get 90mm hole out, and used a file to smooth off. Very slow process....

Really happy with the end result though, and doing it myself I got to know a little more about the vehicle... and of course saved a few $'s in the process. I wouldn't have been able to without the advice of this great forum, Thanks guys.

Cheers!

Attachments

• 100_2076.jpg
    100_2076.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 89
Just did mine today, 2010 genuine Nissan snorkel. Took pretty much all day, but I think I dry fitted it 20 times.. measure 20 times cut once (or make small cut lots of times).

All pretty straightforward, but I wouldn't attempt it again without a decent holesaw. The piece of cr@p I had just heated up the panel, threatening to burn the paint off. In the end I drilled a million holes to get 90mm hole out, and used a file to smooth off. Very slow process....

Really happy with the end result though, and doing it myself I got to know a little more about the vehicle... and of course saved a few $'s in the process. I wouldn't have been able to without the advice of this great forum, Thanks guys.

Cheers!

I had exactly the same problem with the holesaw and drill heaps of small holes and finally filed the hole smooth. Initially quite distressing to see the paint all damaged and the saw not cutting!! Comes up as planned with 45 mins with the file. I painted all the holes too, including the 90mm hole and then rustproofed the back of the guard, heads of bolts etc.

It is an excellent quality kit IMO.

Regards
Greg

Yes I agree, all the Nissan parts have been really good. Thus far I've done the snorkel, steel bullbar and towbar - all came with very detailed instructions. Good fun putting on all the fruit, hopefully more to come... just gotta find that winning lotto ticket ;-)

Hello everyone,
Success. If you dont trust Nissan as i dont tjm finally install snorkels on dual battery systems. I rang them the other day and they said they will fit it and at a cheaper price $680 compared to $760 @ nissan. They apparently have caught on and simply looked in under the bonnet of a genuine nissan snorkel owner. Hey its only been nearly a year...

see garry at nizzbits.com.au
genuine nissan/airtech to suit 2010 2.5cr (dual batteries) cost me $380 delivered
easy enough to fit yourself
but i recomend using a quality hole saw (sutton) i tried a cheap set and they will only burn paintwork
i have one for sale, used once cost $110 will post for $55

Latest posts

Back