Speed '1' interior fan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this problem a while back. I posted a thread about it with pictures etc it's a few posts down in d40 electrical.

Well got the resistor pack out and had a good squiz. The fail point was obvious. The resistor is made of a metal trace deposited onto a ceramic substrate which is in turn bonded to a steel backing. There is also an enamel coating over the traces for protection. In my case a bit of water had started to rust the edge of the steel and has caused the ceramic to flake off at the edge, taking with it the trace that controls fan speed one. I tried scraping back some of the coating and soldering a link onto the trace but it is some kind of metal that cannot be soldered. Probably aluminum. My next thought was to simply replace the pack with three high power resistors. There is however an issue with this as its not to easy to find out what the original values are. Measuring them cold with a meter wont give the real world value as the resistor heats up substantially in use and will raise its resistance, possibly a lot. Its a balencing act, the air stream controls the temperature of the resistor which controls its resistance which controls the fan which controls the airstream... The only way i can think of doing it would be to plumb in a big ass rheostat and adjust it to the required speeds and measure the resistance across it at each speed. I lack such a rheostat so gave up there. Spent the next hour scouring ebay and google but the part number seems to not exist! Anyone got the part no for a 2010 D40 thai built resistor pack? I know its not the same as the spanish, although i dont see why it wouldnt work if you could get it to fit. I have no idea if the pathfinder is the same as thai or spanish. Bloody hell nissan why couldnt you just do it the easy way!

Latest posts

Back