Stalling Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiaranD40

Reaction score
Hey guys i have a 2010 thai built st turbo diesel and sometimes if i stall it and try to start the car straight away the revs will drop and it will stall itself. This can happen 3-4 times after trying to restart it if i give it revs it stays on otherwise its a bit hard to get going again.

Any ideas???

If it only happens when the engine is cold, I'd suspect an air leak in the fuel line, usually caused by an ill-fitted aftermarket fuel filter. It could also be damage to the fuel lines (age, impact) or under/over-tightening of the hose clamps.

If it happens when warm as well, it's possibly a dirty/faulty SCV, or a blockage in the fuel pickup in the tank.

Happens warm or cold and the car only has 65000kms and has only been driven on sand. Was told it could possibly be the suction control valve. Does this sound right? Always been serviced at nissan too.

Certainly could be. Clean it first, before replacing it. You can get them cheaper on eBay, you can get genuine cheaper at www.nizzbits.com.au and you can get them at dealers for around the $240 mark - if a wash in petrol and rinse in diesel fixes it, why spend any money at all?

The one thing I'd like to find out is WHAT is dirty about them, and where that dirt came from. Is it rust/sand/soil that could have come from the storage tank at a servo? Is it fatty deposits from biodiesel?

So for people with SCV faults/failures, where do you buy your fuel from? Shell? Matilda? Caltex? Do you buy from just any servo, or do you deliberately go for truck ports to ensure higher turnover?

What's more perplexing - if the "dirt" is from soil/sand, how does it get past the filter?

Replaced mine recently (2007 Spanish man 132.000k) and i cant really say it was dirty, it looked quite clean but the "piston" had signs of wear.

Kev

I'd be interested to hear how you go mate.
I've been getting the same issue intermittently on start up.

mechanic has checked it and done a fuel bleed twice but no change.

My 2010 thai built does exactly the same thing whether hot or cold, mostly after I stall. I read somewhere that when it happens turn the ignition off and remove the key and and then try again and it will start straight away. Has worked for me when this happens. Its something to do with the computer and turning it off and removing the key resets the computer.

Have seen chains cause the issue when cold with both spanish and thai...are there any codes at all?

Latest posts

Back