Stanage bay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tagMan

Reaction score
stanage bay - 150 ks north of Rocky.

This place was featured on "creek to coast" last night(8/5/10) it looked like a fantastic camp/fishing relaxing spot.

Has anybody been there?

stanage bay - 150 ks north of Rocky.

This place was featured on "creek to coast" last night(8/5/10) it looked like a fantastic camp/fishing relaxing spot.

Has anybody been there?

Yeah,been there plenty of times. Was there in July last year to charter a boat out to Middle Percy Is (65klms offshore) with three others to help the Island caretaker cull some feral goats.

If you have any questions about Stanage Bay I should be able to help.

Hey steve, a mate has been talking about going up there with the boats as well, what's the dirt road like? Old mate has a pootrol and the boats are only 4.35m long, worth the trip for the fishing you recon?

Hey steve, a mate has been talking about going up there with the boats as well, what's the dirt road like? Old mate has a pootrol and the boats are only 4.35m long, worth the trip for the fishing you recon?

Its 100klms off the highway,the first 30klm is bitumen and the rest is gravel.

Most of the unsealed road is good but there are some rough corrugated sections close to Stanage Bay. Nothing too bad though,just take care.

4.35m to too small for getting out to the Islands IMHO.

Yeah won't be planning to go out 65kms, I don't carry that much fuel. We were going to stay in heaps closer. I don't think we'd go outside thirsty sound. Cheers steve

Yeah won't be planning to go out 65kms, I don't carry that much fuel. We were going to stay in heaps closer. I don't think we'd go outside thirsty sound. Cheers steve

Thats fair. Broad and Thirsty sound offer good protection from the wind and have reasonable calm water too.

Awesome, that sounds much better. I still need to get some good maps/charts, it seems to be in between the popular areas. The only map i've got is in north australian fish finder and no good for navigation, just have to tell the wife i need gps plotter i guess...

Latest posts

Back