Steering Issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBen90

Reaction score
Hi all

I've gone through several threads but unable to find an answer.

I've got a 2012 D40 Navara ST, and I've had ongoing steering issues.

The car has the usual slight pull to the left however when steering/ turning right the steering feels really light and easy, compared to steering left where it feels much more firm. When driving around town the steering wheel sits at 1 o'clock, with a pull.

I've got a 2" lift and 15mm coil spacers in, and just had a wheel alignment as I put new tyres on last week. But the steering issue still remains.

Is this issue common? What would you recommend I do? Mechanics couldn't find an issue at last service.

I'm just a bit worried as we are about to go on a big drive down to Perth for Xmas and want to make sure it's all A O.K.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi all

I've gone through several threads but unable to find an answer.

I've got a 2012 D40 Navara ST, and I've had ongoing steering issues.

The car has the usual slight pull to the left however when steering/ turning right the steering feels really light and easy, compared to steering left where it feels much more firm. When driving around town the steering wheel sits at 1 o'clock, with a pull.

I've got a 2" lift and 15mm coil spacers in, and just had a wheel alignment as I put new tyres on last week. But the steering issue still remains.

Is this issue common? What would you recommend I do? Mechanics couldn't find an issue at last service.

I'm just a bit worried as we are about to go on a big drive down to Perth for Xmas and want to make sure it's all A O.K.

Any help or info would be appreciated.

Thanks!
its ya lift matey camber in will be out and pull it left the joys of a lift and spacers

I have this same issue without lift, Had wheel alignments done at 3 different workshops and still have the left pull, Local Nissan dealer said its slightly off but within tolerances however they 'fixed' it, If I let go of the wheel I'd be off the road in about 20m. Only change is tyres 265/70R17 BFG KM2's but had the issue before the change.

Wouldnt think so since i havent hit anthing (solid) but did freak out today, thought i had a flat due to the lean in the rear, i have an inverted leaf on the pass. Side, gap diffrence between the wheel arch and tyre is about 30mm compared to the drivers side id say Old Tony was spot on above for my problem. She has been loaded up a few times maybe even overloaded but looks like the wife will have to let me 'replace' the suspension now.

Latest posts

Back