Steves D40 king cab build

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iam very happy with it all , and I am having a Nissan track mount roof rack fitted on Monday , then a rhino full tray ( the one piece welded unit ) fitted , and a 42 inch light bar on that as well , besides the light force Xgt,s on the bullbar , the rack will only be on for trips though , ill post a pic before I pull it off

LOL, I'm still getting around with the stock 55/60 bulbs. I feel so inadequate. :rofl2:

Brown Davis full 3 piece under body bash plates fitted today , and a 143 liter fuel tank , no piccies yet , too dark and cold

does the fuel tank act as a bash plate as well??? or are they fitted higher?? and still the 3 piece bash plate???

Bash plate pics

side view of the front and how they mount at the front

looking from the rear

You can see part of the fuel tank to the left of the picture

Last edited:
Looks great i need to get some asap!! Were they easy to install? I wonder how hard it will be to wash the mud out after a few bog holes though haha

Looks good Steve, definitely need them with the D40.
the only thing i dont like about the Brown Davis Plates is that none of the bolts on the bottom are recessed, at least they have realised that may be an issue and welded the pipe around them for some level of protection.

Looks great i need to get some asap!! Were they easy to install? I wonder how hard it will be to wash the mud out after a few bog holes though haha

lol iam a lazy bastard , i got them to fit them , ( they fit them free in any case ) but i got the long range tank at the same time

Construction of the roof rack started , based on a rhino track mount system , it will incorporate , Max trax , the awning and 150 mm fishing rod tube on the passenger side , hi lift jack and shovel on the passenger side , an alloy plate 1100 x 700 , which i will bolt the plastic utility box which is 900 x 500 x 380 ,for all the recovery gear ,and other 40 inch light bar and an assortment of eyebolts and tie down points ,and will be able to be lifted on and off as a unit and of course all in black :cheers!:

Last edited:
For those whom intend to do a suspension upgrade and or or get a light bar , i cant recommend these 2 companies higher , Zordos suspension in QLD , i ordered a part and it was in my mail box here in VIC in 24 hours , and sunyee lights , i had an issue with water ingress , took one look and was replaced on the spot , no haggle no nothing , he had a new light out before i could figure out what he was even doing

Last edited:
Good on ya mate, looking forward to seeing your truck at the Muster, tis quite nice ;-)

Myself and Raven are looking forward to it too , get to put some faces to names and look at others trucks and ideas , cant wait , ooo and lots of cold Bourbon & cokes too

Latest posts

Back