Sticky brakes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06nav

Reaction score
2006 d22, rear brakes seem to be sticking, my driveway has the slightest slope on it which my car used to roll down by itself. I can't even push it down anymore. Any ideas?

Had the same problem on the old work ute. On the back of the drum there is a crank lever that the handbrake cable connects to. It was rusting and that was stopping the lever from moving over its full range. Peel the rubber boot back and give it some WD40 and tap it with a hammer to free it up.

Attachments

• rear drum.JPG
    rear drum.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 57
Had the same problem on the old work ute. On the back of the drum there is a crank lever that the handbrake cable connects to. It was rusting and that was stopping the lever from moving over its full range. Peel the rubber boot back and give it some WD40 and tap it with a hammer to free it up.

Thanks mate, it was the handbrake part inside the drum itself that had actually rusted and seized. Sorted now with a bit of lanolin and vice grips to get it moving freely

Latest posts

Back