Stock spare tyre removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteV

Reaction score
Quick silly question from Newbie - I haven't needed to yet, but how does one actually remove the spare tyre from under the tub of a new 2013 stock D22? I notice a chain and metal clamp of sorts. Sorry for the simple question but I suppose that's what the forum is for. Cheers.

You get the long bar from behind the seat, stick it in the little pilot hole underneath the rear bumper and then the little t bar bit goes into a hole and you wind it on down.

Sorry I can't be more descriptive, Ive only done it once and it was ages ago. Could show you in 30seconds in real life but trying to describe it accurately whilst not looking at the car is a bit harder haha

Here is a picture from under my D40, will be similar under yours.
The major problem here is that there should be a tube or chute that guides the handle into place. Every other brand of ute I've owned had one.
It's a pain in the arse trying to locate the end of the rod into the winder thats for sure.

WP_20140517_001_zps11001bac.jpg

Happy Days.

Wait till you've driven 600 Km with a fair bit of that on the oodnadatta track and using this abortion of an idea on Lake Eyre with the sun about to set!

Thank you Bullwinkle for that insight. Have you been looking at my other posts? I am indeed planning to do the Simpson in September. So what you're eloquently trying to say is "Good luck old chap, I would however suggest you keep your spare on the roofrack as it may be troublesome to remove it from under the tub in less than desirable circumstances"?

Or are you more sinisterly suggesting I should not go at all because in your opinion I'm not ready for it?

Nah mate just saying its a pain in the arse. I was lucky that I had my son with me so we changed it over reasonably quickly. I'm pretty jealous of your simpson plans - I'd love to do it one day. Reading a few other forums, it's not such a big deal - just need to be prepared.

Latest posts

Back