Stoneguarding rear guard

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEIGHTO#L80

Reaction score
Has anyone done this before? My rear guards are chipped so im going to mask it up and stoneguard up to the rubber flare, which is the extent of wear it chips.

What do yous reckon?

Attachments

• 2012-08-20 08.23.40.jpg
    2012-08-20 08.23.40.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 94
Mines the same and seen my new one arrives any day I've been wondering about getting some clear vinyl put down there on it before I start to use it.

Clear vinyl will work well. get the thickest stuff you can. also works well for light protectors the thick stuff. spreads the load a heap and helps stop breakage from stones. old dirt bike trick ;)

I bought some 3m paint protection film by the metre from this mob and used it around the top of my tub to stop the tonneau tie down straps rubbing through the paint.

http://www.ducoscratch.com.au/proddetail.asp?prod=TrayRailGuard

Its not cheap but works pretty well and looks tough enough to stop stone chips...i've been considering getting a few sheets to also use on the bottom of the doors and on the rear guards but trying to fit it without bubbles was a bit of a mission and i'm not ready to attempt it again.

I ended up getting the grey stone guard then going over it with the same colour as the car. after 2 days its really hardened up so see how it goes. all up 30 bucks and works a treat.

Has anyone done this before? My rear guards are chipped so im going to mask it up and stoneguard up to the rubber flare, which is the extent of wear it chips.

What do yous reckon?

I used old conveyor belt.. I'll try to paste a pic here.

attachment.php

Not very clear, sorry!

Attachments

• flaps1.jpg
    flaps1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 297
Oh! That is widened my front mud flaps about 50 mm, attached to existing mudflaps
with a couple of zinc coated tank bolts and some scrap checker plate Aluminium.
Works a treat. Keeps the mud off also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back