Straight Through Exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder why the Auto's have a DPF and the manual's don't?

i understand its due to the torque converter, its the sudden change in load it causes which makes more soot.

in AU your not meant to remove the cats (or block egr) as its ilegal to remove emissions devices.
NZ however your free to do what you like, as long as it doesn't smoke.

what do you want to bet?
its only your opinion anyway,others from this forum have heard it and said how good it is.
if you like your car to sound like a hair dryer then go for it...

I have a beau desert 2 3/4" without any mufflers. I think it's enough to make it a mans car not a hairdressers. Love the sound!!

I'm getting a 3" system put in in a few weeks. Still up in the air about the muffler, would be good to hear the system with and without it...

As mentioned above, run a straight through glasspack type absorption muffler. The sound is much better than just a straight tube (which sounds like an elephant farting under water), and the power difference is negligible.

Ill post a video of my 3Inch ZD30 Straight through Mandrel bent exhaust on here... I love it..... No drone on the highway and wind down the windows and you can hear a awesome roar... i havent stopped flogging it since I got it hahah

If u want to here beau desert exhaust with mufflers just listen to ur original exhaust, there no change. After 10 hours to fit my new exhaust I wanted to notice some differences. Without mufflers it's not real loud with the windows up and has no drone, there's only a roar when ur foot is down. Love it!!

I've just got my exhaust dumped and the back of the turbo ATM. It'll be just a 3" straight from turbo when I'm bothered though. Just to make it legal :)
Love the way it sounds now..

Latest posts

Back