Strine

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomboddore

Reaction score
Give us your best and funniest aussie nicknames and acronyms.
Haven't heard any new ones for a while. This bunch of drongos and sheilas must have a few pearlers.
I'll start;

Kangaroos are Hoppin dogs
Rabbits are Underground mutton
Eggs are Chicken fruits.

Holden = Heaps of low down engine noises.
Ford = Found on rubbish dump or first on race day.

Havent heard a good Navara one yet?

I thought someone came up with one for Navara in the joke thread or something about 12 months ago when this topic came up...I could be wrong but I remember the Ford and Holden ones rehashed at the time.

Also we've always called eggs bum nuts.

When I drove a Holden I was continually bombarded with "Ford = Found On Rich Driveways" which might be true, as the thieves dumped the junk and took off with whatever used to be there.

I always thought Torana was the best - Tons Of Rust And No Acceleration. Apart from the A9X and the SLR5000, that wasn't far off the mark.

I suppose (off the top of my head, we can build on this) Navara could stand for "Need Another Vehicle - And Right Away!" but since I drive one and really enjoy it I won't post that one.

From my 4WD club

Kangaroos - Australian Grasshoppers
That cam from a Texan who had to beat (mine is bigger) everything on a bus trip and then a kangroo hopped in front of the bus and he said wow what was that. The reply was an Australian grasshopper - we breed them big here

a bloke calls idiots "Mental Pigmys"

HESTIA Holds Every Sized Tit In Australia. We once had a guy convinced that was actually the truth until he searched for it on the net and found they were a Pommie company, it still took some convincing after that too.

When I drove a Holden I was continually bombarded with "Ford = Found On Rich Driveways" which might be true, as the thieves dumped the junk and took off with whatever used to be there.

I always thought Torana was the best - Tons Of Rust And No Acceleration. Apart from the A9X and the SLR5000, that wasn't far off the mark.

I suppose (off the top of my head, we can build on this) Navara could stand for "Need Another Vehicle - And Right Away!" but since I drive one and really enjoy it I won't post that one.

what about the XU1.....i had one that was worked over and would blow a poxy ford 351 into the weeds....off the line AND top end...
and i proved it one day to some ford freak when he couldnt go any faster i overtook him and left him for dead....:rock:

Johnny hoppers, Lionel hutz, Keith urbans, Britney spears, frothy scrolls,
john n yoko.
Rhyming slang, anyone know them?

All Day I Dream About Sex.

I know three brothers, went to school with the youngest one, whose nicknames are Stiffy, Dangles and Ballsy.

CRAFT

Can't
Remember
A
F*#kin
Thing

Wondered how long it would take someone to find me.

Band names that many thought were true
AC/DC Anti Christ Devils Children
KISS Knights In Satans Service
WASP White Anglo Saxon Protestant

Fiat - Fix It Again Tony - Italians after all
D22 - Massey Ferg - but without the luxury

Emu's are bush chooks

Some slang I use semi regularly;

Royce Hart
Digger
China
Fair Dinkum
used these last week --- Raspberry sars and Tijuana Brass
cobber or cob
When describing one particular female I often use - "Like throwing a sausage down Bourke st"
From Kath and Kim - Well your all a bunch of chunts! after the argument about the correct pronunciation of Kardonay.

Latest posts

Back