Strut spacers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nava

Reaction score
Hi
I recently did a 2 inch ironman suspension lift in my navara and the front is sitting to low for my liking and that's without the bullbar fitted. I was wondering if I could put a 10-15 mm strut spacer on the top of the strut to lift it higher, has anyone done this? Are there any issues relating to this or are there any other ideas of lifting the front of my navara higher?

Cheers

hey mate.

the iron man front struts comne with a 10mm spacer that can be fitted to the bottom of the spring base plate. they are gold on colour from memory and sit at the bottom side of the spring.

i woiuld check to see if your strut assemblies already have them in place. and if not i would start with them. they should have come as part of the strut assemblyt and you can choose to eithe fit them or not when you install them.

Mate
Didn't receive any in my kit,
What if I made a strut spacer to fit ontop of my strut?

hey mate.

the iron man front struts comne with a 10mm spacer that can be fitted to the bottom of the spring base plate. they are gold on colour from memory and sit at the bottom side of the spring.

i woiuld check to see if your strut assemblies already have them in place. and if not i would start with them. they should have come as part of the strut assemblyt and you can choose to eithe fit them or not when you install them.

as tin top mentioned, depending on the brand of strut, if it has a removable bottom spring plate, a spacer can be inserted under this. i have ironman springs and lovell's struts, which came with 2 spacers, a 10mm and a 20mm. i use the 10mm one's and mine keep topping out as i also don't have a bull bar yet. i got well over 2" of lift, but i doubt you would get much more.
i think spacers are illegal, so different UCA's might be the option

Does the spacer compress your spring even more and limit the spring travel.
I'm not to sure how they work?

Latest posts

Back