Stuck in 4by4 low

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt75

Reaction score
Hi my new navara is stuck in low range tried driving forward and back with the selector in hi 4 no luck tried jacking the car no luck tow truck booked for morning through Nissan another day of work any ideas or is this common

Sounds strange but have you tried going back into 4Low then back to 2wd making sure you are using the clutch while the car is running?

might be stating the obvious here but are you pushing the transfer leaver down and then shifting up?

you could try doing reveres figure eights to relieve the tension in the drivetrain if there is any.

Unless it is a d22 and the shift lever has broken off or something silly I'd say its a d40 with a sensor problem... I think you're best off letting Nissan sort it out if you can't figure it out easily...

There have been a couple of D40 owners reporting problems with their transfer case servo motors. That'd do it in a heartbeat. But D22 ... shouldn't be a problem with the transfer case at all, because it's all manual.

So back to basics. Car in neutral, foot on brake, change to 4HI - any good? Are your brake lights coming on when you press the brake? (that's important)

Could be a neutral position sensor/switch, brake switch ... it's not a common thing.

Hey Matt , how'd u go ? Get it out of L4 ?
My 2013 ST did the same but just persisted drove for about 50 mtrs then put it in H4 then drove a little further and into H2. But come to a complete stop changing into H2.

Ended up at Nissan they pulled the solnoids that select it adjusted something so they reckon cheeked all the earth wires seems to be working ok ill try it again tomorrow at work see how it goes

mine did this today, when i switched it to either 4h or 2h it would flash and stay in 4L. mucked around with it for about 5 minutes then i remembered to put it back into neutral worked straight away :)

HI Guys, My 550 has done it this morning Tried all above.. Switched off, On again, in Park, Nothing seems to work.. Any Ideas?

Guys, All sorted... Dreaded Neutral is the go... Feel a bit Stupid.. But great to have a plethora of knowledge at my finger tips..

Cheers..

Latest posts

Back