STX 550 questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ether

Reaction score
hi,

are the long range tanks (auxiliary included) that fit the stx will they fit the stx 550.

will the canopys that fit stx fit the stx 550 (measurements suggest so), but one canopy manufacturer i rang said they will, but also said the bullbars are the same as well, nissan themselfs says otherwise regardeing the bullbar (wont fit).

the above will take to long to order, upto 3 weeks, i can get the above second hand.

anyone have the roo chip/exhaust package for the 550, the guy on the phone claims 33% increase in power/torque at the wheels. havent got a 550 yet going around Aussie and that seems to be the best power to weight option and practicality being the 550. i want/need the utility part.

Welcome to the forum.

The tubs are identical, so the canopy shouldn't be an issue.

I'm not sure about the diff and rear suspension - they form the boundary for the Long Ranger fuel tank we had added to our D40STX.

The bullbars don't work because the front of the 550 is different. The intercooler is larger (as you might expect) but ECB make a good looking bar for the 550.

Chips and exhaust might be interesting. The 550 already pulls like a 12 year old boy, adding a chip and it'll pull like Tony Abbott.

I'd hesitate to take the 550 around the country just yet, particularly in summer. It gets a little warm, let's say. Air hosing is a bit soft and needs to be upgraded to hard pipe.

Wait for Justdrinkbeer to jump in and tell you some more about the heat.

thanx for the reply,
that scared me off (heat), so going back to my original plan hummer h2 diesel.

the long range tank for the stx will fit the stx 550, rear suspension will go straight on to 550 from stx

air hosing a bit soft? not likely its silecon hose and cast alloy tube only rubber on cold side mate.

air hosing a bit soft? not likely its silecon hose and cast alloy tube only rubber on cold side mate.

It's still an issue. If the turbo is at full song and the hose has gone soft, there's a chance the hose can collapse, starving the turbo and the engine of air.

It'd get worse really fast in an insect storm. We drove through one and were fortunate enough to have forewarning of it, so I'd put some mesh over the front of the bullbar. However, I couldn't stop the bugs from being sucked into the snorkel and filling the air filter.

I've seen my MAFS reading an air temp of 50C - take your average summer day of 43C (central Aus) and add engine heat and it's easy to get to very, very uncomfortable temps in the engine bay.

Just saw this thread so I'll jump in like Tony said months ago.

550 runs hot, fan kicks in ALL the time in traffic in summer, gets pretty annoying. EGT's seem lower than the STX though, max I saw caning it up from Wollongong was 550 degrees, might try it again with a trailer one day.

Mine has Chipit chip, not tuned just right yet (seeing Robert this week) but bottom end power is beautiful now, goes like 550 newtons should, have left a few boy racers looking daft. Just getting top end dialled in is causing the drama.

Also yeah the intercooler piping looks pretty ordinary, I started on a hard pipe for mine but it's a funny shape and my Aluminium welding is woeful!

Re- the inter cooler hoses, I meet a guy at Daly Waters pub who had to do a roadside repair with duct tape on a blown silicone to get him on the road. Seems like it should be a recall to me !!!

Swampy

Latest posts

Back