Superior Engineering need a D22 help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljacko78

Reaction score
Hi all

Superior Engineering are about to develop a set of their own tubular D22 Upper Control Arms and manufacture them at their Burpengary factory in Qld.

To do so they need to borrow a D22 for 2 separate days in working hours to first take off originals and measure up components and then second day refit their new ones for testing.

Superior Engineering was a sponsor of the Muster 2013. The person who lends them the use of their D22 could buy the new UCAs off them for cost and save some good $$$

Anyone who's interested needs to commit strong for this to work for both parties. If you are interested, drop me a PM and I'll send you contact info. Likewise post up questions here

Two separate days and a D22 living north side of Brisbane would be ideal.

Cheers all!

Lj

In terms of actual $$$ that is between the D22 owner and Superior. I'm trying to generate some interest for them and pass on contact info :)

PM me if interested

Lj

Haha all good :)

Good news is Superior Engineering now have a D22 lined up to do first engineering stage. They may need a test ute shortly. If any help needed I'll post again

Lj

Thanks Sam.... you're the first so if the option is still open I'll send you a message matey

Luke

I got a quote the other day from Superior, for the new style ones, which are approximately two weeks from being released. I was quoted $800
Supply only. And they are stating they will definitely be stronger uca. Pretty keen to see the outcome. And for those of you that might participate keep that $800 quote your head.
You may just pick up a really good deal.

If another car is needed guy's please feel free to personal message me.

Cheers,

''I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE'', ''WHAT MORE CAN I SAY''

I saw the D40 ones and then on Tuesday saw the D22 prototypes and a superior reckon they will get better downtravel than the Calmini equivelants. If the 22s come out like the D40s, then they will be some really nice arms.

If you get them on mate post up some pics :)

J

Some pics would be nice. As for the more down travel thing can the d22 really afford to get more down travel with the cv limit being reached with the calmini arms? Unless they are providing a diff drop kit aswell but I doubt it. They are supporting the 4wd industry which is great and a Aussie made product will out some threat to the market on import products

Agree Rusty with the cv issues with too much drop. They mentioned that when I picked up the D40s and they said that's whey they aren't going too low, but just a bit more than the Cals.

Pics - if I worked there I'd get some pics for ya... But I don't :). I'll grab one when I pick the set up for OneMofo for the set he won at the Muster

Lj

Hi, I live on north side with an 05 D22 and am keen to take part if you still need it. Cheers

Last edited:
If they are going to bring out a UCA with more flex than a calmini one id suggest they design a cv which can match the new angles they are getting

UCAs fitted
Can only do one pic at a time as it from my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 143
I can not fault the arm`s yet at all, the only concern i have and im not even sure its an issue yet as i have not had a chance to check as iv been WAY too busy, is that i noticed that the Tie Rod Adjusters (as seen above) sits very close to the sub frame located just below them (as seen in the pic). Since this pic was taken i have busted the Tie Rod Adjusters and replaced them with heavy duty ones. It looked as it they were bent and eventually broken becaue they were hitting (under heavy 4x4ing) on that piece of sub frame.
Does this sound familiar?? or even possible?? i will check some time in the next week how they are sitting when jacked up and have a closer look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back