Suspension questions- shockies Bilstein 5100 series front/ Rancho 9000 back?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mistahn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank all the people posting helpful info on this site or I would still be lost & a big thank you to John from ZORDOS.

After alot of reading, searching, talking to numerous suspension ppl... (muppets and all) I think I am nearly ready to order our suspension for our Nissan Navara D40 2009 single cab.

Being a female and completely in my element (note: sarcasm), other half works six days a week so it makes it hard for him to do this... and I found this site very helpful in trying to figure the best suspension for us.

John from Zordos has been awesome, this is what I have settled on:

Nissan Navara D40 2009 single cab

2" lift Dobinsons Heavy Duty Coils
Bluemax HD leaves
Bilstein 5100 series shocks (adjustable) front & back

Now a few questions, hopefully people can help me with?

Is anyone running this exact same set-up and either happy/unhappy about anything?

Would anyone like to recommend any other set-ups or changes from experience?

I have just gone to order the shocks from U.S.
Bilstein 5100 series (code: 24-187053) for vehicles 0"-2" lift

I would like to replace the back aswell with the Bilstein 5100 series (code: 24-187152) problem being, it is only for raised vehicles 0"-1" lift. Is there a longer back shockie that I can get or do I have to go another brand?

If I was to get another brand what are peoples thoughts on the Rancho 9000 in the back for adjustability as having a single cab chassis, load varies greatly???

Or any other recommendations as to the back shockies???
Any help appreciated...
Cheers

Hi and welcome to the forum!

John at Zordos is definitely a very helpful and knowledgable fella! I've decided to mine myself but he gave me some good advice.

I've ordered all my bits and am now just waiting on my 5100's to arrive from the states. I've gone with Dobinsons MD coils (from Superior Eng) as I only have an alloy bar and toughdog leaves supplied by Opposite Lock. I haven't heard anything about the rear 5100's not being long enough, but I'm sure I'll soon know if they aren't. Rancho 9000's would be a great subsitute but you'll pay as much for a pair of rears in Aus as the full set of 5100's from Summit in the states.

Hopefully my shocks turn up this week and I can have them fitted in a couple of days to give some feedback on their ride quality etc

I have the 5100 bilsteins front and back with know problems. You can get 5125 bilstiens for more lift in the rear from prg in the states

I have the 5100 bilsteins front and back with know problems. You can get 5125 bilstiens for more lift in the rear from prg in the states

Thanks... Do you by any chance have the product number you used for the rear on the invoice?

Thanks alot for the help guys.

Thanks for the tip on PRG choc36. I went with PRG. I gave them a ring, had a chat and decided to order them.

So everything is oprdered today and must say I am a little excited.

Final decision:

Nissan Navara D40 2009 single cab

2" lift Dobinsons HD Coils
Bluemax HD leaves
Bilstein 5100 series shocks (adjustable) front
Bilstein 5125 rear shocks (2"-4" lift)

Now to try and line up some tyres for the best price!!!

Latest posts

Back