Taking on water!! Help please!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanm_89

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has been raining a bit lately and went to get in my car this morning and there was pretty much a swimming pool on my driver side floor. Guessing it's not coming through the floor as it happened overnight.
Anyone got any ideas before I start ripping my car apart trying to find where it's coming from.

Cheers Nathan

Windscreen rubbers, firewall grommets, door seals, maybe the A/C. There was one other place someone on this forum mentioned a few months back when they had a similar problem but I can't remember what that was or what model it was.

Maybe try doing an advanced search for "water in cabin" or something similar.

And welcome to the forums.

Double check firewall grommets if you have wiring entering car.
I've had a few people with d22"s coming into work with water leaks. Being grommets being taken out for spotlight wiring water getting in

I have the answer ! I just use heavy rubber floor matts I can catch maybe 100mls when
raining when it stops raining chuck it out.
I nearly went mad looking for the leak.

Hey everyone,

Has been raining a bit lately and went to get in my car this morning and there was pretty much a swimming pool on my driver side floor.
some cars have a small rubber hose that runs from the wiper grill thru the cabin and out thru the left and right sides to under the guards.not sure if your model has these,but they have been known to come loose on some cars and pouring onto the floor
mite be wrong tho
steve.

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. As far as I know think I'm only running stuff through the grommet on the passenger side, not sure I have one on the drivers side. How can you tell it's the door seals? Because there seems to be a bit of rust forming near where it is the wettest on the floor. So I have a feeling it could be the seals but have no idea how to tell if there wrecked or not.

Thanks

Get a hose and squirt the area you suspect could be the issue, don't use a high pressure nozzle a standard garden one should do and aim the squirt into the gap between the door and panel where you think the problem could be. If the seal is leaking you should notice water on the wrong side of the seal.

That's a bit of a backyard way to fix it but it's a cheap and easy first step.

Back