tensioner knock

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stelianos

Reaction score
hello everyone, so i replaced my top chain tensioner on YD25DDTi after 160,000 kms because it was noisy on cold start and the noise only was going away after driving it for a bit so i decided to change it
got a new genuine one 3,000 kms ago fitted by my close friends garage (only charged me 35 euros for the whole work) but now on cold start up i get ~5 secs on the tensioner slapping until it makes presure i guess
the oil we use like 6 years now is Eurol Multi-use 15w40 should i be using a thinner oil? like 5w-30 nissan reccomends? i change it once a year or 10,000 kms whatever comes first

Do you use a genuine nissan oil flter? Aftermarket ones can have issues with leaking down when cold and allowing the oil out of the tensioner. I had this with a fram filter so went back to a nissan one and all good.

hello iceman i am not sure if the filter is genuine, my friends doesnt have a partneship with nissan so might be using other brand filters, but he is servicing my truck since 2006 i think.
will definately ask and see, have read about the non-return valve in the past in genuine filters.
how about the oil thickness apart from the filter, any ideas?

well i asked him and he is not using geuine nissan but a brand named Knecht i have no idea of the brand but he is also using it in the truck 10 years now?
i guess i use a genuine oil filter and see?

Latest posts

Back