Terrano Time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day mate your flexi flares turned out well.
how's the lokka going now you've had it in for awhile ?

Well. There has not been a single obstacle I have not made it over, through or around first go since fitting it. Having said that, without under-body protection or a winch, and its my daily drive, I do tend to be reasonably careful. But is surprises me a little more every time I "have a go"...

There are 2 negatives that I have had to learn to deal with. Firstly the lack of steering in really soft mud. Has caught me out once but not a big deal. Secondly the heavy steering while "cruising" in 4wd. Its not an issue if you just remember to hang on and concentrate, but can get tiresome after a while.

For $500 as opposed to $1200 - $1500 its worth living with for the amount it gets used. If I was setting up for Cape York, or the Simpson or similar I would go an air locker for sure. But its just an old dunger for day tripping round the High Country. Best $500 I ever spent......

Having some issues with my Terrano;

1991 Nissan Pathfinder (Terrano)
2.7L turbo diesel (TD27T)
+ overhead intercooler

Bought it 3 days ago and have had a few issues with overheating already. There is coolant everywhere and the oil temp light stays on even when cold.

Worst of all as I was driving to work the brakes an power steering failed and it gave me one hell of a fright.

Can anyone help me here? What should I look for and what options do I have? (please don't say "Just take it to a mechanic)

Check your fan belt. The brake vacuum is via a pump on the alternator and power steering is belt driven as well.

There is no oil temp light, just oil pressure light. Get it checked asap as no oil pressure = new motor.....

Mate your a legend, fan belt snapped and ripped and flicked the other belts off. All fixed and running again. Checked oil and it is.... Empty, no leaks though???? Confused. Oil pressure light is now off.

Thought I would post a couple pics of the Terrano.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347608405.663003.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347608497.927883.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347608545.410876.jpg

1991 Nissan Pathfinder (Terrano)
2.7L turbo diesel. (TD27T)
Top mount intercooler
Supra gearbox with trans cooler
OME shocks all round
3" body lift
LSD front and rear
Freewheeling hubs (automatic)
4 roof mounted spotlights
31" muddies

It has a thermal fan hardwired to battery but when driving and turned on it causes the car to get hotter!?!?!?

Any tips on what to do with it?

Does anyone know where I can buy new parts for my Terrano? 1991 WD21.

I am specifically after a handbrake cable assembly and a set shoes as well.

Does anyone know where I can buy new parts for my Terrano? 1991 WD21.

I am specifically after a handbrake cable assembly and a set shoes as well.

If your specifically chasing new parts your best bet would be trying somewhere like terrain tamer, I used to use their stuff a fair bit when I had my old hilux, good parts and significantly cheaper than genuine, look at that maybe I should be a sales person haha

Latest posts

Back