Terrano Time

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At a guess, after 10 hrs . New bearings/syncro's yearly. We estimated a quater a second a lap improvement at the Island. It had a big ass cooler too.

We also ran it in our rally car with no problems, that car did probably 10 events until I head butted a tree.

Just fitted a Turbo timer. How easy is that. Went to the back of the ignition switch, its got 4 wires. Power, acc, ignition and start. Spliced into the first 3, sorted an earth and then stuck the tiny remote head on the dash with double sided tape. All up 45 mins including programming. It was an older Pirahna unit, been laying around so long a part of the writing on the box was faded so badly we could only just read it, so the price was right ;-).....
Valves still nice and quite.. Fingers still crossed. Lol

Even with some issues, still love the Terrano.

just put redline oil through all my running gear, both diffs transfer and gearbox. after about 30 minutes of running the gearbox and diffs were as quiet as a mouse and the shift on the gearbox was outstanding. best $700 i ever spent. by the way you never ever change it, full synthetic and guaranteed for 1,000,000 miles.

just put redline oil through all my running gear, both diffs transfer and gearbox. after about 30 minutes of running the gearbox and diffs were as quiet as a mouse and the shift on the gearbox was outstanding. best $700 i ever spent. by the way you never ever change it, full synthetic and guaranteed for 1,000,000 miles.

hmm, i wouldnt be too keen on that. why?

1. gears will always create some wear as its metal on metal contact, so eventually diffs and gearbox will be full of dirty oil (oil full of fine metal filings).

2. if you have a diff/box seal leak or you go in water thats higher then your diff/box breather points you'll get water in and then all the oil will be contaminated

in the long run i'd rather be changing my oils as you'd be able to keep an eye on wear levels and oil contamination (if dirty you can tell a seal is leaking, etc)

let us know how it goes through different temperatures! hot and cold seasons

hmm, i wouldnt be too keen on that. why?

1. gears will always create some wear as its metal on metal contact, so eventually diffs and gearbox will be full of dirty oil (oil full of fine metal filings).

2. if you have a diff/box seal leak or you go in water thats higher then your diff/box breather points you'll get water in and then all the oil will be contaminated

in the long run i'd rather be changing my oils as you'd be able to keep an eye on wear levels and oil contamination (if dirty you can tell a seal is leaking, etc)

The oil that comes out tells you whats happening inside.. Got to agree with maddog on this one :idea:

So the Terrano is working out just fine. The missus has a new car so I have it now so its time to start work.

Have a pair of 40AH deep cycle batteries and a smart solenoid. Just Ebayed a couple of battery boxes. Over easter I will be fitting the batteries in the luggage compartment along with a Drawer or two to stash some goodies in, and a custom cargo barrier.

Have some Rear springs and shocks organised, and possibly a 2" body lift. Then some GU steelies I think, with 32's . They seem readily available and cheap as...

Going to Tassie for Easter so priorities have changed a little. My brother is lending us his Jayco Camper so I have wired permanent power (via a smart solenoid) to run the Ctek in the trailer and also sorted a controller for the electric trailer brakes.

Just fitted 4 Shocks and + 50mm HD rear Coils thanks to John from Zordo's 4WD Suspension.

All this should keep us pointing in the right direction, and the beers cold in the fridge.

When we get back I pick up a fridge and sort the batteries and cargo area including some drawers etc.

Found a set of GU rims with 265 75 16 Cooper ATR's or a set of D22 alloys with stock tyres. Either for $400, just cant decide..

Guess you'll have to work out if the ones you're considering are the version that cracks, or the later replacement version

Looks good

Attachments

• Terrano.jpg
    Terrano.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 120
So its been a while. Not much has happened to the Terrano since I last posted. Went to the Wannagatta valley for the Queens birthday long weekend and surprised a few Toyota drivers with the "little Pathfinder" as it became known.

Last week it developed a fuel leak. Turned out to be the Injector pump, so its sitting waiting to get the fully reconditioned pump back. Its going to set me back best part of 2K with labour. Interestingly the pump bloke recons imports always have excessive wear as they spend a lot of time idleing in Japan!

I am led to believe a series 2 D21 ute bull bar will fit once I do a body lift so when my tax cheque arrives I will be going to visit my local ARB, on the proviso I can return it if I cant make it fit.

I also know where there is an ARB air locker for the rear for $500, so If the finances allow that may find its way on as well. Just need to find somebody in Melbourne who can, and will fit a second hand diff lock at a sensible price.

Still need to find a LHF mudgaurd from a Terrano, or series 2 D21 ute, to repair the little bingle the wifey had...

Anyway.. Love the Terrano except one small issue. The bloody boot is so small. Cant have everything!!!:cheers!:

Well the Injector pump is done. Goes so much better when you get the timing right so I found out.

Ended up repairing the gaurd and bumper, then fitting a pair of series 2 D21 parker lamps and she's looking good again.

Got some manual hubs and a maybe an LSD on the way cheap as. Only fitting the manual hubs so I can use low range 2wd. Handy for backing trailer etc.

Latest posts

Back