Thailand v spain v japan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JASON-D40

Reaction score
Hi there I am new to this forum and this is my first ever Navara.

I apoligise now as I am sure this has been covered but I cant seem to find it in the search engine.

I have just purchased and am awaiting delivery of a new D40 ST. Manufactured in Thailand.

I have since been made aware the the Navara is built in 3 different countries and can all differ slightly. I found a s/h hardlid from a 2006 D40 that was built in Spain and have been told it wont fit. I have also been told that even models made in the same factory can still differ slightly.

Can anyone please she some light on what the differences are and it would be great if a list could be created of what can and what can not be cross fitted.

So far I have been advised that hard lids, soft covers, bull bars and even the floor mats are not interchangeable.

Is there a pattern of build dates for these different models? Are they still being manufactured in different countries or does it change with built era?

Thanks

Thai built suits thai built. Spain built suits spain built. That's pretty much it. Jap built is for d22 only so not an issue

bugger, so dont be to concerned about build date, but dont miss match parts.
I found a complete tub with sports bar and 3 piec hard lid for $500, shame it wont fit.

Nissan Spec sheet available on the Nissan website will give you current model specs. They wont show every spec difference but other than the many posts on this site I think that's about all you have.

I was able to fit a 3 piece hard lid from an Spanish built STX on my Thai built 2010 ST with no problems! I am fairly certain that the ST ans STX tubs are very similar, more similar then the Rx and the ST even though they are both built in Thailand.

For example both the STX and ST tubs are have Sports bars, and utility tracts from standard (I have even fitted another set off and STX alonng the cab side of the tub) and also have the chrome bumper/step to which the number plate is attached to where as the Rx has a solid plate that runs across under the tail gate for the number plate to attached to which both the STX and ST don't have.

My 2 cents.

The vin number starts differently denoting the different countries, don't know what the different Letters are though sorry.

Some bits fit, others don't, e.g. I got Spanish suspension kit for my Thai built D40 king cab, wen't on dramas.

I was able to fit a 3 piece hard lid from an Spanish built STX on my Thai built 2010 ST with no problems! I am fairly certain that the ST ans STX tubs are very similar, more similar then the Rx and the ST even though they are both built in Thailand.

For example both the STX and ST tubs are have Sports bars, and utility tracts from standard (I have even fitted another set off and STX alonng the cab side of the tub) and also have the chrome bumper/step to which the number plate is attached to where as the Rx has a solid plate that runs across under the tail gate for the number plate to attached to which both the STX and ST don't have.

My 2 cents.

was it a direct fit mate or did you need to modify?

Direct fit no modification had to be made. Used all measurements that I had sent to me by ERG Hard lids (apparently they make them for Nissan, Toyota, etc).

Thats why I wonder if st ST and the STX share the same Tub.

Cheers.

Direct fit no modification had to be made. Used all measurements that I had sent to me by ERG Hard lids (apparently they make them for Nissan, Toyota, etc).

Thats why I wonder if st ST and the STX share the same Tub.

Cheers.

I get the feeling that its not the same tub, but is the same dimensions, can't think where I heard that though

d40 st-stx

hi jason : first i have to declare an interest in Flat Top (my son owns it) the D40 st and stx have very slight differences in the tailgate and corner radius's and length. Flat top get around the length issue with a different way of mounting a reinforcement hinge bar, (you need to use this to stop the front of the tub deflecting against the gas struts). The corners need reinforcing also.
the rear corner radius's can be addressed with a molded in radius thats in-between.

tub liners are a different issue the corrigations seem different so as i understand it they are diffferent

hope this helps

trev

The vin number starts differently denoting the different countries, don't know what the different Letters are though sorry.

Some bits fit, others don't, e.g. I got Spanish suspension kit for my Thai built D40 king cab, wen't on dramas.

Thai starts with a M Spain start skc. Sad to say there are more after market parts for the Thai then Spain. in some ways the Thai & Spain are different but i think alot of it is a money making scram.

VSK.

And there used to be more after market bits for Spain, the Thai utes have only been around a few years and the uptake of them by after market manufacturers was very slow. And there is actually alot of differences between the two builds, they may only be a few mms here and there but they make enough of a difference that most front end mods for one will not fit another. I really doubt Nissan did it as a money making scam though.

After owning a thai built ST for around 19months and now owning a spain built ST i am very surprised at actually how many differences there is between the two.

Just The trays have a heap of little changes from the shape and style of the floor to the size and utility track

no it wont mate, the four bolt holes are wider apart on the spanish built tubs. You might be able to make it fit but it is not a direct bolt on item

Latest posts

Back