Thank you RLI

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubamurph

Reaction score
Hi,

I am sort of sitting at home after a "minor" cyst removal today.
Well, that was what I thought this morning when I went to the medical clinic!

I hit my coccyx before christmas (swimming pool and too much rum) and I still have a bit of pain around it. A couple of weeks ago I felt a small lump
and noticed it was getting slightly bigger as the week went on. It was at the top of my arse crack but there was no pain or discomfort from it.

I thought it was in relation to the coccyx or maybe a cyst from an ingrown hair. so off I trotted to the clinic to see a quack. He said it was not a cyst
and was a benign tumor and should be excised. I thought OK not too serious but in my mind it was probably still a cyst (what the hell do I know).

I went in today and the doc performing the procedure was excellent. He had a quick look and then broke the news to me. I had a Pilonidal Sinus
which also had a cyst / abcess on it. So my quick procedure turned into a couple of hours cutting out something just a little smaller than a golf ball!!

I mean really! How the hell did it get that big and only have a small lump on the surface. Now my minor operation is over I am at home trying to find
some comfortable way of sitting and taking Ibuprofen & Codiene and anti-biotics.

I will be going back to the clinic daily to get my dressing changed and my 2drain tube2 checked to ensure there is no buildup of blood etc in the cavity
from the operation.

All being well I will have a good recovery but the doc said there was a 70% chance it would heal ok. That gives me a 30% chance for reoccurrance at a
later stage. Not bad odds but he did also say if it comes back it could do so many times. Not looking forward to that.

The main reason for the title of the thread is that reading RLI's Nightmare thread last year made me get this seen to quicker than I probably would
have otherwise. It is one of those things you don't consider could happen to you until it does. As RLI did I would urge everyone to get any lumps
however small checked out quickly. If I had not it could have been a much different story.

Thank you RLI. I hope your ordeal is behind you now and that 2012 is a better year than 2011.

Regards Murph

I know exactly how you feel. I had the same thing about 12 months ago. Apparently they are fairly common in people that sit down a lot so they told me. After sitting in hospital all night for 2 nights they finally did the operation, this was after the clinic referred me to that hospital because they apparently have a 24hr surgical unit... I think I had about 2 weeks off work and then had to go past the treatment centre every day for another 2 weeks when I was back at work.

Mine was sort of similar in occurrence, I felt a small lump just before the weekend and thinking it was just an ingrown hair didn't worry too much, but I went for a fairly hard pushbike ride on the weekend. Well, come Monday morning I could hardly sit in the car on the way to work, I thought OK it's not bad when I'm walking around so I should be OK. Got to about lunch time and i had to go home, I couldn't handle it anymore. Went to the docs that arvo and that's when they sent me to the hospital.

I don't want to have anything like that again any time soon, lol. I had to have my pancreas removed a few years ago and I don't think that was even as bad as this...

Thanks Scotty.

I hope it heals fairly quick as I am flying back to the UK on the 23rd. Well thats the plan
at the moment. Will see how things go I guess.

Bods, the thing that gets me is that the lump was very small (10mm or so) on the surface
and there was no pain. It is one of those things I could have easily missed too.

Doc gave me 3 days off work. Will see how I feel on Monday. Sitting really is annoying
at the moment. Having to perch on the front of the chair and comfy seats are no good
as they put pressure on the wound.

I can vouch for Ibuprofen & Codeine though. They work great :big_smile:

Murph

Hi,

I am sort of sitting at home after a "minor" cyst removal today.
Well, that was what I thought this morning when I went to the medical clinic!

I hit my coccyx before christmas (swimming pool and too much rum) and I still have a bit of pain around it. A couple of weeks ago I felt a small lump
and noticed it was getting slightly bigger as the week went on. It was at the top of my arse crack but there was no pain or discomfort from it.

I thought it was in relation to the coccyx or maybe a cyst from an ingrown hair. so off I trotted to the clinic to see a quack. He said it was not a cyst
and was a benign tumor and should be excised. I thought OK not too serious but in my mind it was probably still a cyst (what the hell do I know).

I went in today and the doc performing the procedure was excellent. He had a quick look and then broke the news to me. I had a Pilonidal Sinus
which also had a cyst / abcess on it. So my quick procedure turned into a couple of hours cutting out something just a little smaller than a golf ball!!

I mean really! How the hell did it get that big and only have a small lump on the surface. Now my minor operation is over I am at home trying to find
some comfortable way of sitting and taking Ibuprofen & Codiene and anti-biotics.

I will be going back to the clinic daily to get my dressing changed and my 2drain tube2 checked to ensure there is no buildup of blood etc in the cavity
from the operation.

All being well I will have a good recovery but the doc said there was a 70% chance it would heal ok. That gives me a 30% chance for reoccurrance at a
later stage. Not bad odds but he did also say if it comes back it could do so many times. Not looking forward to that.

The main reason for the title of the thread is that reading RLI's Nightmare thread last year made me get this seen to quicker than I probably would
have otherwise. It is one of those things you don't consider could happen to you until it does. As RLI did I would urge everyone to get any lumps
however small checked out quickly. If I had not it could have been a much different story.

Thank you RLI. I hope your ordeal is behind you now and that 2012 is a better year than 2011.

Regards Murph

G,day Murph,

Mate, sorry to hear about your ordeal, those basterds can be extremely painful f—kers. The medical dictionary states the following regarding a pilonidal cyst;

“The longer the patient ignores the pain, the bigger the cyst gets.”

F—k me swinging, and the one they removed from you was the size of a small golf ball! I hate to think what the size could have been if you had not got onto it sooner. (Possibly cricket ball size)

I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery mate.

Once again folks, if any of you out there in Navara-land/Nissan world get any lumps or should you ever suffer from any pain in your bowel or the entrance to your arse! Do not fuck around; get to your doctor, medical guru or witch doctor ASAP for a check-up. It could save your career and most importantly, your life. The sooner you report pain the easiest it is to fix the problem.

The longer you leave it, well, the long and the short of it, you will end up like me, all fucked-up!

PS, Well Murph, we might have to start up the Navara forum arse club!(Infected members only)

Regards,

RLI
:rambo::confused3::rock:

G,day Murph,

Mate, sorry to hear about your ordeal, those basterds can be extremely painful f—kers. The medical dictionary states the following regarding a pilonidal cyst;

“The longer the patient ignores the pain, the bigger the cyst gets.”

F—k me swinging, and the one they removed from you was the size of a small golf ball! I hate to think what the size could have been if you had not got onto it sooner. (Possibly cricket ball size)

I sincerely hope you have a speedy recovery mate.

Once again folks, if any of you out there in Navara-land/Nissan world get any lumps or should you ever suffer from any pain in your bowel or the entrance to your arse! Do not fuck around; get to your doctor, medical guru or witch doctor ASAP for a check-up. It could save your career and most importantly, your life. The sooner you report pain the easiest it is to fix the problem.

The longer you leave it, well, the long and the short of it, you will end up like me, all fucked-up!

PS, Well Murph, we might have to start up the Navara forum arse club!(Infected members only)

Regards,

RLI

Thanks mate,

All going well so far on the recovery. I get my stitches out tomorrow.
Only concern at the moment is that it is still weeping out from the cavity
(too much information ??)
Hopefully it keeps healing well. It is even getting to the stage where I
can sit relatively comfortably without having to perch on the front of a
chair :smile:

What really amazed me is how common these are. Quite a few people I
know back home have had them.

I really hope it is the last one I have. I will even go to the point of shaving
the offending area once it has healed enough. Never want a repeat of this.

Also found that the seat of the D40 is not as comfortable as I once thought.
Definately dont like any bumps on the road at the moment :big_smile:

Regards Murph

Latest posts

Back