Thanks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelo1963

Reaction score
Thanks guys for acepting me i have a few friends with d40s and im a retired mechanic they always come and ask for help and advice so i thought it would be a good idea to joing----HAPPY EASTER ENJOY AND BE SAFE

i have d40 with the engine light on after finding on this site how to extract the codes i come up with 3147 . I have searched for this code but i may have the nubers in the wrong order
the problem with the car is that on cold start up it will just cut out like the fuel has been stopped- it will start up again with no problems but will keep stopping until the car id warmed up a little---I read about loose fuel lines which i will check today----My plan is to tighten the fuel lines do a reset on the computer and see how it goes its bit of a pain as you have to wait 8 hours or more for it to play up again--- thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

A bluetooth OBD adapter and the Torque app for your android phone will get you those codes accurately. I'm not going to try and guess between the alternatives of fuel rail pressure sensor failure, ruptured haemorrhoid, water in fuel, CAS fault etc etc.

It IS common (for these sort of symptoms) that the suction control valve gets dirty and needs a clean. Nissan have been replacing them ($240 plus labour thanks) but a few members here have whipped them out, given them a scrub and reinstalled to find that they're good to go.

I'm not sure what debris they're cleaning off, so I'm not sure why they're getting dirty in the first place - the fuel filter should do a fair job of keeping crap out, but since there's been no indication as to whether the "muck" is sand, fats, giant redwood trees or an emulsion (eg water) it's hard to say what causes the SCV to get dirty.

It would be helpful (from a preventative measure) if we could find the answer to that. If your SCV is dirty, could you try and figure out what it was that fouled it up?

Back