the end of the road for D22 production

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i kinda like, wouldn't go the copper color, but yeah i like it, i can see that it an evolution of the current d40 as well,

i like it

now to get the wife to let me buy one

the japanese built of my D22 will be very rare now!! jajajaja. will the mexican fabric still continue the D22 making??

for south america, all of the D22 after the tsunami, comes from mexico.

greetings!!

Once the time comes to sell up ill probably just buy the newest mode D22l i can find, mainly because the mods are already available and i find the ute a good vehicle, i know it has its issues but when you trade up for a newer model then you pay a higher price and/or have to wait for the mods to be designed. Atleast this way i know the issues to expect and can compensate for them. I`m surprised that with the success of the D22 that they dont just upgrade it to a newer design.
May explain the rush of 1% interest though.
I will add i do like the look of it minus the tub, and maybe purchase one after its been out for a couple of years and proven, tried and tested. I mean if you go by what they say in that review it a tough bit of kit, though i doubt they would say otherwise.

Last edited:
What year did the try to finish up the 22 and lost all those sales? You would think they would of learnt sure the old 22 is not everyones cup of tea but what's the ratio on the road of 22's and 40's??,also that Cummens needs more grunt than the quoted figures to keep up the competition,best to hang onto what you got I say.

What year did the try to finish up the 22 and lost all those sales? You would think they would of learnt sure the old 22 is not everyones cup of tea but what's the ratio on the road of 22's and 40's??,also that Cummens needs more grunt than the quoted figures to keep up the competition,best to hang onto what you got I say.

Agree there HJ.
Cummins figures as they are will not help to sell.

nissan seem to like small engines these days.
anything under 3L is too small for my liking, figures aside, the smaller the engine the harder it works to produce x power.

the ford ranger has a 3.2ltr, that sounds like an appropriate engine size.

I think there was a small handfull of 07 d22's but pretty well 06 was the last of the zd30, will be interesting to see what happens.
Really the d22 give a market where the car is simple, affordable and not a great wall! which there wont be when they stop making it!

cheers
bryan

Its possible but unlikly that they may adjust certain aspects of the car to create a D22 like model out of the D23, then have a D40 like model as well.

Agree there HJ.
Cummins figures as they are will not help to sell.

i read an article some months ago in the newspaper when word got out about the new model which stated that the reason for dropping the V6 diesel was that the new 4 cyl. was very close to the V6 power/torque figures!

Its possible but unlikly that they may adjust certain aspects of the car to create a D22 like model out of the D23, then have a D40 like model as well.

I read somewhere possibly the article i gave a link to that hinted on the fact they will make the new D23 in two different sizes as well as 2x4 and 4x4 in S/C, K/C, D/C varieties.

It looks low, maybe that is the 2WD? The approach angle/overhang looks awful!

To me, it looks like it is more about looking "stylish" in city traffic than performing off road.

I know it probably will never happen, but I hope they stick a EU compliant donk in the D22 & keep knocking them out!

Latest posts

Back