The extremely long wait for my D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi
I placed my order for my 2012 Black d22 navara on the 5th of September with Giant Nissan in Osborne Park in Perth and was told the wait would be about a month, so I called a month later and got told it would be in November, called in November and was told it was definetly 12th December, all this time I never get a call from them I'm always chasing them up seeing whats going on and they rarely return my calls when the salesman is "busy".
So I went in on 12th December and now I get told its still going to be a few more weeks, they say the boat has arrived but will be delayed because the shipping company is on strike, although i might be able to get a 2013 plated one if i wait a bit longer......
I am pretty sure as my agreement I signed doesn't state a delivery date, then after 3 months if I still haven't received my vehicle, I have the right to cancel with a full refund of my deposit.
Im thinking I might go to another dealer and get them to match the quote for one that is in stock.
Has anyone else out there been waiting so long for theirs?

mine took 2 days. change dealers man. you can get out of contract just stick it to em. unless something has drastically changed with stock levels of these.

I ordered mine on Monday afternoon and was driving it on Thursday afternoon with my accessories all fitted.

Sounds sus. Unless someone from WA can explain special problems. sounds like the dealer might have money problems or issues with Nissan Aust(?).

If it is being unloaded here(Sydney), then there is no strike. a car transport drove across the intersection in front of us this morning with three nissian wannabe SUV thingos on it complete with the shipping labels. The yards that they end up in after they come off he ship are less than 1km from me.

Just be careful, getting out of new car contracts can leave you in a bind, read the T&C section see if you are at liberty to notify them in writing that you are not going through with it.

Plenty of black ones in stock here in QLD, saw one on the net today for like 29888 drive away to.

i've heard the old chestnut "the warfies are on strike". magic nissan in melville are good!

Well finally some good news, they have called me and told me that the vehicle has arrived, and that they are going to fit the accessories over the next couple of days.
One thing though is he said that some of the aftermarket accessories he quoted earlier were not available, and that he would fit genuine nissan accessories such as nissan steel bar instead of ARB and nissan winch instead of WARN.
Im not too happy about the sound of that so im going to go in and see him tomorrow to straighten things out.

The Nissan winch is a warn.

The Nissan bullbar will be cheaper.

If you have it in your contract that you're to get a ARB bar. Put them in there place.

AHG dealers are terrible. Both Giant and Northside. The only time the Northside Nissan were quick was with my 2011 Nissan GTR, and were quick with my wife's 370Z.. But when I returned to purchase a cheaper Dualis and Navara I was stuffed around with major delays and poor customer service.

You would think after spending $300k you would get great service...

Last edited:
Yep what he says^

tho the nissan bar is made by ARB, but if an ARB bar is what your paying for then stick to that.

the price difference is about $275 I think, maybe ask for your first 10000km serivce free or something, in the grand scheme of things the nissan bar is probably just as good as the ARB.

theres slight differences

$(KGrHqJ,!g4E8jZzjnuDBPPEwLomn!~~60_12.JPG

P1010591-1_zpsdd93c1e5.jpg

yeah i think i prefer the nissan bar by the looks of it anyway, ive asked them to put on some free tint for stuffing me around so much they said they will see what they can do, im hoping i can pick it up when i fly back from work on new years eve.... I hope theyre open.

So finally getting the navara tomorrow morning (fingers crossed)
Apparently im getting a thai one now as the jap ones arent available, only thing is im sure the thai ones come standard with dual batterys, and that was one of the extras i paid an extra 1000 for, and he didnt mention anything about this.
So i will say to him tomorrow, now im getting a thai build i want 1000 off the price, are they all definetly coming with dual batterys from thailand ?

also does anyone have any pics of the dual battery setup on a thai d22 so if he tries to tell me they installed it i can see the difference.

the factory dual batteries are both cranking batteries
if he tries to tell you he had them installed simply ask him where the isolator is to seperate the crank batt and aux batt

Latest posts

Back