The Navrol build up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark any updates ?

Dave.

Hi dave.
sort of. i will post some pics up tonight, its still at the body shop, it keeps getting moved back, so far just the straightening of the body has cost $2500.
its getting the panels prepped and painted this week so hopefully i will get it back next week if he does not change his mind again..

cheers mark.

Well i finally got the nav back from the body shop and WHAT a joke of a job it is... nothing lines up and i got a heap of broken parts back that were not broken, They even chopped my wiring loom for the mirrors to pull them out,i do not think i have been that wild in ages but i totally lost it..

It is going back into the body shop on tuesday to get fixed whilst im there every step of the way.

I will get some pics up finally over the weekend of the mounts ect and maybe a few of the abomination of a fix if i can bring myself to show them..

cheers mark..

Thats no good mate...hard to find people to trust to work on your car these days.

I know its been ages so i thought i would give a update on the nav (still no pics as im using some elses puter as mine died)..

Basically i have the driveshafts, front lhs inner guard to fix, find another rad, then paint the chassis, build the rear bar and sliders and front bar and she is good to go..

i found out after much messing around that the navara 3.0td bellhousing goes right onto a patrol gq 2.8td gearbox, even the whole gear cluster and shifter rails are the same, so that solved the gearbox problem and may help anyone out here thinking of doing a solid axle conversion..

I also purchased another gq rolling chassis, so now i have 4.6 gears also.

I have taken tons of pics but i cant get them on this puter sorry, as soon as i get mine fixed i will post up pics, i will also get back to anyone who has messaged me asap..

cheers mark.

I was only thinking the same thing the other day Mark when I was on Deadly's (Dave's) thread on 4wd monthly.

In that case a QD32, VG30E/VG33E, ZD30DDT, YD25DDTICRD will all bolt up to the RD28ETI gearbox.

Cheers for posting up the info, in that case the ZD30 can be bolted up to the GU ZD30 gearbox and the RD28ETI/RB30S gearbox.

Love your work.

Dave.

I was only thinking the same thing the other day Mark when I was on Deadly's (Dave's) thread on 4wd monthly.

In that case a QD32, VG30E/VG33E, ZD30DDT, YD25DDTICRD will all bolt up to the RD28ETI gearbox.

Cheers for posting up the info, in that case the ZD30 can be bolted up to the GU ZD30 gearbox and the RD28ETI/RB30S gearbox.

Love your work.

Dave.

Yeah they are pretty much the same, too easy...
I have now fixed the front firewall/ wheel well , ordered a new lhs headlight panel from nissan, im using the front lhs inner guard and top rad support from the rusty wreck, using my lhs front body mount plate and strengthening plate as they were not rusty to fix my front end that was meant to be fixed already... yup that is a total of 4 panels just for the inner guard, i have drilled all the spotwelds out so hopefully i will get the front fixed and painted by the weekend..

cheers mark.

Love your work.

Dave.

Navara ZD30 can only be bolted to the Patrol ZD30 gearbox once you change over the sumps and clutch/flywheel/starter. Patrol ZD30/4.2 have the same gearbox, 2.8 is smaller, probably the same internally as the Navara box? with the added benefit of putting the transfer on the drivers side.

Navara ZD30 can only be bolted to the Patrol ZD30 gearbox once you change over the sumps and clutch/flywheel/starter. Patrol ZD30/4.2 have the same gearbox, 2.8 is smaller, probably the same internally as the Navara box? with the added benefit of putting the transfer on the drivers side.

Spot on josh, internals are exactly the same from a d22 man box to a gq patrol 2.8 man box.
cheers mark.

Second what Ash said. I cant find it either.

Hey Mark, are you willing to do up some sliders for about 10 or more people, D22 and D40 ?

Dave.

Sorry all for the no updates.

I have been flat out getting this going as i need it back on the road, as said it is there (i pick the driveshafts up today) and need to fit them up ect, i have still been taking pics of the buildup but as said in another post i cant get them onto this computer.. Its now sitting on (used) 305/ 75 16 muds and looks pretty cool with no lift... Basically after today all i have to do is make the sliders (for those that have been following the poll know) and the rear bar and wait for my intercooler and bonnet scoop to arrive to fit and its ready for engineering..

cheers mark.

Back