The Navrol build up.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was only thinking the same thing the other day Mark when I was on Deadly's (Dave's) thread on 4wd monthly.

In that case a QD32, VG30E/VG33E, ZD30DDT, YD25DDTICRD will all bolt up to the RD28ETI gearbox.

Cheers for posting up the info, in that case the ZD30 can be bolted up to the GU ZD30 gearbox and the RD28ETI/RB30S gearbox.

Love your work.

Dave.

Sorry for digging up an old post but this one caught my eye.
Does this mean that the QD32 and RD28 use the same bell housing bolt pattern and therefore are a bolt up fit?

Tony

Different bellhousing patterns.

However use the front half of the QD32 gearbox and the rear half of the RD28 gearbox.

You running a QD32 engine ?

Dave.

Sorry for digging up an old post but this one caught my eye.
Does this mean that the QD32 and RD28 use the same bell housing bolt pattern and therefore are a bolt up fit?

Tony

If you had a spare RD28 transmission and transfer case, and a QD32 transmission, you could swap parts around to get a driver's side drop TX12 transfer case in a QD32 Navara.

If I wanted to do an SAS, that's what I'd do to mine.

Flipping axles: bugger that for a joke.

Different bellhousing patterns.

However use the front half of the QD32 gearbox and the rear half of the RD28 gearbox.

You running a QD32 engine ?

Dave.

Thanks Dave.

No, have a TD27 in my Terrano, but I'm a mehanically restless Nissan nut who's always trying new things. This thread has given me some new ideas.

Cheers

Tony

If you had a spare RD28 transmission and transfer case, and a QD32 transmission, you could swap parts around to get a driver's side drop TX12 transfer case in a QD32 Navara.

If I wanted to do an SAS, that's what I'd do to mine.

Flipping axles: bugger that for a joke.

Thanks Dion.

Do QD32's and TD27's have the same bell housing patterns?

I agree, this does sound a lot easier than flipping axles.

Cheers

Tony

Do QD32's and TD27's have the same bell housing patterns?

No you have to swap in a QD32 transmission as well. The FS5R30A fitted to the QD32 is superior to the FS5W71C fitted to the TD27 anyway.

Sorry about the thread hijack Mark

any update pics? would love to c the mounts u did for the nav? thinking of doing the same thing but with a single cab on a gq wagon chassis. How complex is the mod to get everything to fit and work?

Wow nice work mate had this idea running around my head for some time and now to see someone has done it makes me want to do it great work.
I just have a question probably one of many that will come your way now that I know it can be done, what’s the go with the airbag in the nav body while it’s on the GQ chassis legality wise?

The other one was a specs thread and I think this way will keep things on the right path.

i totally agree with that, hence why i stopped posting progress after a while...

Nice build up by the way, you have some tallent.
thanks for that, its what ive done for basically my working life so i hope so, this is nothing though....

cheers mark.

can someone post a link to the specs thread, im interested to know more about the specs?

Just click on mud4b and choose the link to look at "all threads by mud4b" and it should be in his list

some nice work there.

i like the top mount intercooler setup.
should have done mine like that instead of using the micro cooler.

I love the Cutsom Trucks that are so heavily modified in the suspension and the motor and have huge wheels, but the body is stock with maybe simple bolt on mods. I think they look the best because its simple and looks pretty factory yet underneath is an offroad machine. I think paint the bonnet white and keep the factory bumper..

amazing swap!!

where can i find the very first thread?? i want to know what GQ patrol chassis did u use and what engine, well the original information. im very interested on doing the same in this side of the world(south america).

greetings!!!

amazing swap!!

where can i find the very first thread?? i want to know what GQ patrol chassis did u use and what engine, well the original information. im very interested on doing the same in this side of the world(south america).

greetings!!!

pretty sure he used the zd30 navara engine.

So I take it from what I can decifer from reading this that my thoughts of getting a rolling shell and just transferring my body motor and box over was a bit optimistic you don't want to do another one do you? Lol

Back