The ranga

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that was me, hooning around in someone elses toy
The wifeys skyline is fun mate
Ile get the f6 out next time we catch up, now thats one fkin fast production car

L0ve your ranga mate
Cant wait to see how it goes offroad
Cheers

Maybe the manuals can't but the autos can...... Just slow as ****.

Anyway they are 4wd who need to go fast.

Still would be nice to have a V8 hiding in my D40.. There is a challage if anyone has the coin...... Due to the age of the D40 you'd need a newish V8, mine need a bloody 6lt. So who has the time money and skill to fit a Holden V8 into a d40.......

Yeah that ture.
+ Your going from a 4 to 5 if you had the 550 I reckon it be a different story. Who know maybe by the time I move on from mine they will have a V8 Navara or anything thats refined.

Great car you have there. Looks like the perfect car for your needs. I was in the market for a wildtrak but I couldn't justify the price when the base model has the same driveline. But you have used it to your advantage. That's why I ended up with the v6 pathfinder. The wagon ranger looks great and might be out 2015 in Australia?

Thanks Pathy550, will be keen to see the wagon version.

On another note had the canopy and roof racks fitted today, will throw up pics tomoz.

still think it looks better without the canopy and racks, but i cant live with out the racks and the security and extra space of the canopy over the tonneau will be good i guess.

So you now own a wagon ranger

I like the canopy look
with that much clearance and a factory rear locker I don't think you will need the winch
you might have to follow a dmax around till it gets stuck, wont take long
drawers next?
catch can?
redarc

cheers

Last edited:
Same winch that i have, have to say its a good bit of kit.
Ranga is looking sweet, once the winch is on and you get a set of sliders you will be fully kitted out and it will be time to really start testing its limits. Well Done.

Remember with those roof bars the back will flex differently to the ones on the cab just a thought a ladder would be ok anything solid may not be good with the opposing movement.

Here are some pics of the "WIND BOOSTER" throttle controller.

OFF or stock setting

ECO (slows throttle response)

STAGE 1

STAGE 2

Have been looking for something to help with my turbo lag (mainly initial take off, 1st gear) since I put 33's on mine, especially being manual as your probably aware with the d40.

Do you think this might help with that?

No Nath. Maybe I should have said that you ended up with a new car with lots of accessories, including a pedal box.

A lot of the guys on the U.K site love their pedal box and often use them in conjunction with a chip but have to keep the settings on both, a bit lower.

Funny reading people argue on some sites about the benefit, or lack thereof, of using a pedal box. The doubters arguing that there is no power increase and people just need to put their foot down more for the same effect. Anybody who has used one knows that's not the case and while there may not be any more power, the vehicle is much more nippy and no turbo lag.

Yeah sounds the goods, pretty much what I'm after, power wise I'm pretty happy more so the lag on take off, think might be next on the list.

Thanks mate!

Nice unit. Now I do have one of those. Mounted it under the front passenger seat and the mic is not permanently mounted. It just sits next to the hand brake.

It would be interesting to hear how it compares to the Uniden that you had in the Nav.

Oh and keep up the photos. If ever I do anything I forget until it's finished.

I bought the vinyl off a mate who owns his own sign business for cost and we both laid it on the car today, final cost was $200 for a 5mx2m roll which im really stoked with, he really looked after me with a very good price and helped me lay it on for nothing.

definitely good buy.. SCA sells them for 1.8m x 1.5 for 219.
Keep us update on progress/finished product.

Back