The Ride To Conquer Cancer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshp82

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I have been around the traps here for a while and thought what better place to start then a forum like this, where everyone is willing to help someone else out just cause they can.
so here's the story.
I'll be participating in a 2-day major cycling event called The Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer® benefiting Queensland Institute of Medical Research (QIMR). On August 18th-19th 2012

I'll be cycling over 200 kilometres that weekend, throughout Queensland's scenic countryside, with thousands of other Riders. All the proceeds will go to QIMR, a worldwide leader in cancer research and discovery, and one of the largest research institutes in the southern hemisphere.
I've agreed to raise at least $2,500, but I've set my personal goal to $3,500.00. So here's where you come in because I need your help to do that. Please consider making a donation of $X. Use the link at the bottom of this post to visit my webpage and support me. Please keep in mind the commitment I'm making to end this heartbreaking disease, and the personal efforts I'll have to make to accomplish this.

When I say "heartbreaking," here's what I mean: with 1 in 2 Australians diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime, and an estimated 115,000 new cases of cancer diagnosed in Australia in 2011, cancer is the second leading cause of Australian deaths and affects almost 20% of the population. More than 43,600 people are expected to die from cancer in 2011. That's why I'm riding. To do something BIG about cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me by supporting my fundraising efforts.
Not only will it help a lot of people, but my 21 year old brother is fighting his battle with thyroid cancer so i'm doing it for him.
anything you can donate to help will be much appreciated

Donate Here
Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Wow 56 Views and not one comment, I know some of you on here hate cyclists, but cancer doesn't discriminate. Whether you ride a bike or drive a car, chances are you know someone that has been effected by cancer. I'm just doing my bit to try to raise funds to help the people and families that have lost someone or are currently fighting against it.
I have raise $1,235.00 so far but I'm still along way off my $2500 target, even a small donation of $10 helps. :thank_you2:
There are 8067 members on this forum if half of you donated just $2 i would reach and pass my target goal.
So come on everyone jump on board even if you are a hater. :sarcastic:

Thanks Josh

Wow 56 Views and not one comment, I know some of you on here hate cyclists, but cancer doesn't discriminate. Whether you ride a bike or drive a car, chances are you know someone that has been effected by cancer. I'm just doing my bit to try to raise funds to help the people and families that have lost someone or are currently fighting against it.
I have raise $1,235.00 so far but I'm still along way off my $2500 target, even a small donation of $10 helps. :thank_you2:
There are 8067 members on this forum if half of you donated just $2 i would reach and pass my target goal.
So come on everyone jump on board even if you are a hater. :sarcastic:

Thanks Josh

G,day Josh,

My family made a donation. Good on ya for your effort!

Regards,

RLI

:violin2:

bumping this back up.
I'm just over half way to reaching my.goal. Remember all donations are tax deductable. Every little bit helps. If you have any family members or friends that are suffering or have suffered from cancer think of it as a donation to help them as all proceeds to directly to the cancer council.
Thanks
Josh

Bumping this back to the top.
Ive raised almost $1500 so far, only $1000 to go, all donations are tax deductable, please help this wonderful cause, without your donations its harder to find a cure. I'm sure most of you here would know at least person that has suffered from is is suffering from some form of cancer. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the cancer council for research and development of new techniques to help ease the pain and suffering.
Please help by donating today.
Click here to Donate
Many Thanks
Josh

OK so ill try a different approach.
Hands up who knows someone that has suffered or is suffering from cancer???

OK

Hands up if you have thought i wish i could or could have done something to help?
Well here is your chance, all you have to do is click the donate link in my sig line to donate towards and help people suffering from cancer. every donation BIG and small is needed to help find a cure. All donations over $2 come with a tax receipt.

If i don't reach my goal i don't get to participate in the event, donating is the easy bit, and ill need all the support i can get to ride to 200k's, Please help me reach my goal.

Thanks
Josh

It's a great event and for a worthy cause, I rode last year and my team raised over $9000. Good luck and everybody dig deep.

ok so we have a proof back for our ride kit, we are looking for local Brisbane businesses that would like to donate towards the fund, we will have their logo printed on the jersey or pants.

Please help us make a difference and support 'Team Chicken Legs'

here is the ride jersey. pants to come soon. we are oonly asking for sponsorships of $125-$500 depending of location. we will be training in these as well as wearing them whilst participating in the ride in August. if anyone is keen to get on board please let me know.

ForumRunner_20120611_195949.jpg

ForumRunner_20120611_195956.jpg

Time to dredge up an old thread. After the success of last year I've decided to sign up again for the ride to conquer cancer. It total last year $5.3mil was raised for the Qld institute of medical research. Once again I'm looking for big or small donations to help me reach my goal of $2500. Please dig deep guys and girls every cent goes to help finding a cure for cancer. Please click link below to donate
http://br13.conquercancer.org.au/site/R?i=W0yEEEGMW8BHF4OYd9-oew

Ok so it looks like ill have to keep this thread alive.
Ill be putting a few facts about cancer up here over the next few weeks.

Fact 1..
Cancer will effect 1 in 2 Australians by the time they reach 85.
Please take a look at whoever is siting next to you. Would you like to see them suffering, in pain. Not knowing how long they will be beside you?
100% of your donations go directly to help find a cure for cancer. It doesn't matter if you donate $1 or $1000 every little bit counts. Help me help someone you know. Please be generous
Thanks
Josh
Team Chicken Legs
http://br13.conquercancer.org.au/site/TR/Events/Brisbane2013?px=1199241&pg=personal&fr_id=1110

Ill keep an eye on this mate, Ill hang off for a few months and hopefully work increases. If so I will be in a position where I can be more generous.

Off topic mate, did you used to own a white GU many years ago?

Small update after the weekend. Im now upping the stakes. I'm going to participate in 3 of these rides. Brisbane Sydney and Melbourne. The fundraising i need to do has now gone up to $7500. For anyone in Nsw or vic that would like to donate please let me know. Remember I do not make a cent from these donations. Every cent goes towards finding a cure for cancer. Please dig deep

Another fact of the day
Cancer is a leading cause of death in Australia – more than 42,800 people are estimated to have died from cancer in 2010. Cancer accounted for about 3 in 10 deaths in Australia.

Latest posts

Back