The Rio TInto Ride to Conquer Cancer

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomboddore

Reaction score
The Rio Tinto Ride to Conquer Cancer

Hello fellow forum members. I've been on here a little while now, initially to see if my cars problem was being suffered by anyone else. That problem is now fixed but i couldn't drag myself away from all the other conversations and knowledgeable plain good people i found here.
Now, you can read that as a big suckup if you like as you probably realise this is a fundraising request. It's OK have a groan, i would.

In August i'll be flogging my ageing body across 200Ks of scenic SEQ countryside in the Ride to Conquer Cancer.
So far i've raised a bit over $1000 which is getting there but i need a bit more to get me a ticket to ride. That's right i have to qualify and get permission to flog myself half to death on a pushie.

This thread doesn't really need responses, just if you feel you would like to donate some dollars towards the fight to beat cancer then send me a PM and i'll give you the link and my name so you can exercise your generous natures and feel good about adding funds to the fight.

All money goes to the Queensland Institute of Medical Research. One of the worlds leading cancer reseach centres.
Thanks

Last edited:
Put the Link up.....its for a good cause.
200k is that for one day? If your a 2wheeled lycra clad pest like the ones we have down here than that's just an average day. I'll give you 10c a kilometre.
Cyclists annoy me but if your doing it for a good cause and I'm going to pay one of you to peddle then at least I have an excuse for nudging one of your brethren along with the bullbar.

You know I jest don't you!?

Yeah Aido i've got the lycra but i'm not a clubbie. I ride on my own for fitness as my knees are too dodgy for jogging and i dont do gyms. Too boring.
It's 200 clicks over two days which is going to hurt me bad. Trying to get the weight under 100kgs at the moment but with limited success.

The site is www.conquercancer.org.au.
You'll still need to PM me for my name to make a donation.

As for the nudging jest, i don't mind a bit of ribbing mate. I give it out quite often.

Latest posts

Back